funny thread on another car forum

http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=161201

pretty funny read all the posts in the thread i cant imagine it being true but if it is then that really sux…hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

requires username/pass

hopefully you guys can understand this i had to copy and chop but here is what was intended to be viewed :slight_smile: ha ha:

OK so here’s my problem.

i was driving from Kent, oh to canton, oh well right as we reach the highway i start feeling a little wobble in the rear end but figured it was the tires cuz they were almost bald (<----poor as hell). as we reached the southern side of Akron it starts getting really bad doing about 70 and just as i was about to get into the slower lanes of traffic to pull over we (my fiancee was with me) we hear and feel a loud clunk. i pull over to the left hand side and see that the driver side axle is hanging down with the bearings looking like there about to fall out of it. and at the moment my rent is due, phone is cut off (dsl takes a while for them to shut off), electric is about to be cut off, we have no food in the apt, and the Mr2 was our daily driver. autozone has what i need but it takes 3 days for it to get here i can cover that with no prob, but i only have 3 days at max b4 the car gets towed away but probably don’t have the money to get it towed. it’s currently on its 2nd temp tag and wont pass e-check due to no cat (and my dad back out of the deal we had for he thought $300 was too much for the full exhaust (he wants me to get rid of it anyway he doesn’t think that imports are safe especially with how small it is, and i feel comfortable in small cars. i hate driving big vehicles esp. trucks). and i cant have it here at my apt complex for if the owner sees that its expired when he does his rounds every Thursday hell have it towed (and yes its in the lease paperwork). the sad part is i think i know why the axle got jacked up and probably would have been preventable but the only reason i was even on the highway was because my dad backed out of our deal and i was going to go see if my grandma could help.

sooo…does this qualify me as hitting rock bottom again(yes i said again)?

onikage187

mkduece

Posts: 53 man. im so sorry to hear all of that. Times get rough at times man. jus keep your head up, im sure things’ll work out for you. at least i hope they do. good luck.

mkduece
Thriftiest GZE owner

when it rains, it pours

I completely empathize…I’ve been in similar situations…But anyway…time for some changes in your life maybe?

mister2sc88

redvalkyrie
That’s a real bummer man. Things could be a lot worse though.

Honestly, I know you don’t want to hear this but…it might be time to sell the MR2. It sounds like it might get you back on your Dad’s good side. Then, he might be more willing to help you out which in turn will get things back on track for you. You can always buy another MR2 later on when things are better.

redvalkyrie
scottms

Yes, I have been in your same position more than once. This is what i suggest. First, explain the situation to your Dad and grandmother and ask for help. Then listen, no I mean really listen. Your father loves you period.
Nitsud
Don’t you guys have jobs? How can two adults living in an apartment be that starved of money

I mean, I know all about being broke, but I couldn’t see two people sharing all the expenses and having two incomes be so poor their phone and electric get cut off and they have no food to eat

Nitsud

gico007
onikage187

1. my dad is an anal retentive army Sgt. (its either his way or the highway), and thinks he knows everything about everything.(when my first car an 87 Plymouth horizon died he kept saying it was the starter and yet it would turn over but didn’t get fuel so i argue with him that it was the carb for 4 months b4 we traded it in and the guy at the buy here pay here dealership even told him it was the carb for when we came back to pick up my new car he told him it was the carb and they had the car running and my dad told him he was full of shyt.)

2. my parents got divorced when i was 5 and the last time i saw him b4 my mom kicked me out at the age of 18 was when i was 8 years old.

3. he has two kids (me and my half brother) that he has never supported but tries to tell us how to run our lives when the only thing he owns besides clothes is his car, he either lives at grandmas or with his soon to be wife #5.

4. no one in this area unless their still living at home and not supporting themselves or anyone else will buy this car for its a 2 seater, its an import, and fear it because of how small the car is.

5. my dad really doesn’t have any friends because of the way he is, but he does have a long list of people hes ticked and recently from what my uncles said hes been trying to hang out with alot of our relatives and they don’t want nothing to do with him cuz the know how he is.

6. only one person out of this household works, and i was struggling even b4 she moved in with me cuz the job and the pay sux. they even had it in Cleveland’s news paper that in order for a single person to be able to live comfortably in this area they have to be making at least $12.50 an hour which i make no where near. hell Ive been with the company for 3 years and all they have given is a .85 cent raise throughout those three years. and with the experience that i have the job market in this area doesn’t apply to me and i cant afford to move for we don’t have the income.

7. Ive taken my fiancee to about 33 different places to fill out job apps over the past year and not a single one hired her.( either because of her having no diploma or GED, or the interviewer freaked out because she doesn’t have any teeth thanks to welfare screwing her over).

8. we would have more money but my last two paychecks went to pay on the restitution for the accident i got in almost $900 was the estimate to repair this lady’s camaro’s driver side tail lamp when the only damage i did was put a hole in it about the size of a half dollar and i left white paint on her bumper that could have been buffed out. my car took more damage than hers, the whole rear light assembly was broken and the trunk dented in. a little farther on the driver side and i would have hit the fuel shut off on the prelude and then it would have been even more worthless.

9. the only reason my dad even talks to me is because my grandma drives him nuts when i don’t call every frigging day to just sit there on the phone and get the same 20 questions every time. and his soon to be wife is heavily religious and wants us to be one big happy family. yet she doesn’t realize how jacked up are family is or my dad hasn’t told her yet.

10. the only jobs out there for ex-military still require an associates or bachelors degree, and when they see that you have been in the service the first thing they ask me is if i went to Iraq when you can clearly see i was out b4 that even started.

onikage187
WoLLy
At least you’re not like me, paying nearly 300/month in student loans when you still have 2 years of school left.

WoLLy
agv
Quote:
Originally Posted by onikage187

1. Ive taken my fiancee to about 33 different places to fill out job apps over the past year and not a single one hired her.( either because of her having no diploma or GED, or the interviewer freaked out because she doesn’t have any teeth thanks to welfare screwing her over)…

I think your girlfriend should get her GED if she does nothing but stay home…or what about her working for a housecleaning company or something
like that…looks arent important for that…and for God’s sake …sell the car…and get the girl some teeth!!!

agv

wyowrx
Did you sign up for the GI bill while you were in? If so, it might not be a bad idea to use it.

Another thought: You could move to a smaller town where there is a factory. Guaranteed both of you could get jobs and afford to live… All kinds of factory jobs in Ohio…

wyowrx

onikage187
Quote:
Originally Posted by agv
I think your girlfriend should get her GED if she does nothing but stay home…or what about her working for a housecleaning company or something
like that…looks arent important for that…and for God’s sake …sell the car…and get the girl some teeth!!!

a full set of teeth would cost us over 2 grand with dental insurance. after welfare paid to have them pulled they said they werent gonna pay for her teeth since she ddint have any kids (the real jacked up part is that she can’t have kids)

she was doing house keeping for a while b4 i met her but she got into an accident with no insurance and no longer has a license we can get it back but we were waiting to get her a car first so that way we could afford to make the payments that she has to make since she got sued for it (has to repay over 40 grand and very little damage was done to the other car and hers was totaled, i have the pics but my scanner aint workin.)

mr2 is our only car selling it wouldnt get us anywhere and i refuse to due it after it took 2 weeks+ to do the clutch since i had never done a clutch b4 in my life and did it with only hand tools and didnt even have the tools we really needed.

its somewhat on the hard side for her to get her GED also since she was in special ed classes up until her dad pulled her out of school the last 2 weeks in her junior year to help raise her younger brother and sister since her step-mom left them when her younger brother was only 6 months. and shes 32 now even i know that thats gonna be really hard for a lot of stuff has changed since she was in school last.

onikage187

WoLLy
I can’t be the only one thinking this…

Holy crap… wow. Holy kablammo :-/

That’s some messed up shiz dawg.

WoLLy

RedTuna
Re-enlist.
RedTuna
Pantaloon007
Get away from your family even if it means living in a tent. They are only anchors in your life. This is America and if someone wants to work theres work to find. Millions come here from Mexico and dont speak a word of English, have no teeth, and no education. Other than that, get off the drugs and booze. I lived in travel trailers from the age of 16-24. I had jobs that paid less than $7. I had a mooch for a girlfriend a few times too. My parents divorced before I was out of junior high, I didnt own a car or have a license until I was 22. I shot everything I could find into myself(from meth to tar), drank, dropped pills, acid, shrooms, smoked weed(still smoke). Until I got rid of the people in my life making it hard, and stopped making life hard on myself, nothing changed. Take responsibility for yourself, and if no one else does(dad, fiance, granny, whoever) then they are dead weight to you. Get rid of them.

I know this sounds harsh, but desperate times call for desperate measures. If you make no changes, nothing will change for you. I hope you are able to find answers, no matter how small, and you will look back at this and wonder how you ever let shi.t get that bad.

Pantaloon007
Po’ Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantaloon007
Get away from your family even if it means living in a tent. They are only anchors in your life. This is America and if someone wants to work theres work to find. Millions come here from Mexico and dont speak a word of English, have no teeth, and no education. Other than that, get off the drugs and booze. Until I got rid of the people in my life making it hard, and stopped making life hard on myself, nothing changed. Take responsibility for yourself, and if no one else does(dad, fiance, granny, whoever) then they are dead weight to you. Get rid of them.

I know this sounds harsh, but desperate times call for desperate measures. If you make no changes, nothing will change for you. I hope you are able to find answers, no matter how small, and you will look back at this and wonder how you ever let shi.t get that bad.

That is so extremely true. onikage187, follow this advise and you will be taking a huge uphill leap. Im still in highschool, but I am lucky enough to have a very caring father that I get to see about 3-4 times a month that has taught me so many things. He has always drilled me about things like this.

Right now, I know not to have many friends, because too many friends will just get you in trouble. Besides, being who I am, its hard to make alot of friends; withm my town being a sports-centered rich white town, with about 3% black people. Most all the other black people here are either really thug (or wanabe thug), which Im not, or very athletic, which I am also not (I’m only good at sports that nobody knows about, like swimming and skiing. Yes, a few black people ski ). Then there are the rich white kids who party and drink every weekend, and Im not like that either. Then there are the extremely ‘nerdy’ kids which I can kinda relate to, although they seem to either be uneasy around me, unless I get a chance to talk to them about something we are both interested in, and then they realize I am just as smart as they are, if not smarter. Still, I have found several friends that have the same general interests as I do, and we have all come together in the school Car Club that I recently started.

The whole reason of mentioning that, is to say after finally giving up on trying to be one of the popular kids, and trying to make eveyrone else happy, my life has gone SOOOO much more smoothly. I no longer have people always trying to bum rides. I no longer have insecure people around me always wanting to fight for stupid reasons (from rich white jocks to poor black thugs and every combination in between). I no longer have to worry about finding a way out of doing something that I know can get me in big trouble (like getting into a friend’s car and to find that they have just illegally purchased several bottles of liquor and are planning to get drunk, when I thought we were just gonna hang out).

Po’ Kid

Nitsud
I dunno oinkage, that list sounded like 10 big worthless excuses. In fact, everything you seem to be saying sounds excuses and placing blame away from yourselves.

You say you took her to 33 places over the past year ; well that is not even CLOSE to enough. She should be applying to 5 places a day until she gets employed. It doesn’t matter what you look like or how many teeth you have, there are jobs out there for everybody. And if your car is broken, take the bus. If there’s no bus, she can walk.

Besides, how can you have no food in the house, but have a computer & internet? Plus you mentioned a scanner (that doesn’t work)… Why not pawn this stuff? Sell the car, buy a moped or something to get to work.

Oh wait I forgot that you can’t sell the car, because other people would never want to buy it! Again, it’s their fault right?

Nitsud
agv
get a girlfriend with a job and teeth…

agv
shimric
I say tear the car down and sell the parts off ebay or mr2oc.com Get your girlfriend to apply at a hotel for housekeeping,. no disrespect to your gf, but all the housekeepers here are,… for a better word not attractive. half of them cant speak a lick of english. One lady doesnt have any front teeth. shes been working here for 5-6 years. I would have to agree with Nitsud, if your not applying to at least 5 places a day your not applying enough. I have the same question Nitsud asked. How can you have a computer and the internet but no food?? Thats kinda backwards.

shimric
mr.deux
FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!
computer and internet could be supplyed free via the library, and side note housekeepers make GOOD money

mr.deux
gico007
not for nothing but free internet at unemployment

gico007

Nitsud
I didn’t know the library was open at such odd times

Quote:
February 3rd, 2006, 20:35
February 4th, 2006, 06:00
February 4th, 2006, 06:40

Nitsud

shimric
^^ actually if he lives in ohio, i believe thats eastern time. so thats what? 11:35pm 9:00am and 9:40am. Thoes are the times that show on my computer that he posted.

edit: for thoes who dont know,. hopefully everyone knows 23:35=11:35pm

shimric
Nitsud
Ahhh I forgot about those damned time zones

It’s unlikely the library is open at 11:35PM anyway

Nitsud

shimric
^^^ exactly

shimric

hahah

“sell your car and get your girlfriend some damn teeth” :lol:

wow, fucking hicks