FYI: listing a car on ebay is free...

IDK if you guys know this, but as of fairly recently, you can list a car on ebay now for free. It’s $120 if it sells ON EBAY (every car i have ever sold on ebay has been settled outside of ebay)

You can sell up to 6 a year for free, i think.

You can add a few things for a few bucks, too…

THIS ad only cost me $3.

Just a heads up for those of you selling cars…

You have to pay when/if it sells FYI.

oh, thanks for pointing that out… :roll2:

I think a flat fee for a sale is decent though, it’s sort of like a finders fee. What’s 100 bucks if you just sold a car for a few thousand, instead of the old process where you might have had to list it a few times and pay the listing fees each time.

:tup: wish it was around when I sold my M3, I bet it would’ve sold faster.

I’m on a conference call and writing out material for later browsing on here.

and I’m hungover, ha leave it alone.:banghead:

this is really good to know. thanks.

This would have saved me $200 posting up my F-bod that didn’t sell on there twice last year

good to know

I used to pay 75 bucks just to list I think.

Hurry up and list your cars guys, ebay is going to can this when they don’t make any money on sales.

thanks man!

yep i used this last month, when it wasnt going to sell i just had a friend win the bid on it and then a couple days later i agreed with the “buyer” to cancel the transaction haha

i don’t understand why you went through all that rigmarole… if no one had bid on it, you wouldn’t have been charged anyway…

:tup:

bump…

quick question. Say I list a car on ebay with a reserve price. And say someone meets the reserve price, but doesn’t end up following thru. Would I still have to pay the $120 listing fee if I got screwed?

Reading the ebay fee rules makes it sound like I would be out the $120 and have to pay another $100 to relist.

I’m contemplating listing my car on ebay but don’t want to chance throwing away money on deadbeat bidders.

TIA