Ebay question

Before i flip out on ebay , ive been on ebay for awhile now and two weeks ago was the first time i ever sold something. Well today i get an email saying i owe the one dollar it cost to post the product but also i get a email saying i owe $100 final value added on to the one dollar… what the hell is this seeing what i sold was only 400 dollars…

im extremely confused and flipping out seeing i cant be dishing out free money to ebay

Did the email say that you had to send the $100 to an account in Nigeria?

Seriously, ebay charges you something like 2-3% of the final selling value of the item - the final value fees are listed on the website. Unless you sold something for ~$4k you most definitely don’t owe ebay that much.

thank you thats what i thought, im talking to an ebay person not on there live chat… i dont see how i owe this much or where it even came from…i understood i owed 1.00 for posting the ad

yuppp about to flip so far i started talking to someone about the item, then went to the billing department, now being transfered to the motor department…gooddd i hate the internet sometimes

well now somehow theres a $100 dollar fee for posting a powersports item on ebay and i was not aware of this and now there sending me to another representive…wtf i already lost out on a few bucks by selling this ski at a bad time because of the weather but seriously a 100 dollar fee for a 400 dollar product…now i know what ebay makes a killing

Anytime you list an item, whether it sells or not you are still charged listing fees. Listing fees are not free.

yes, power vehicles have a 100 dollar flat fee, this is teh same for all cars etc… it says teh total when you are listing the item

Yeah, they just jacked that up. I was going to throw my Durango on there last week an noticed it was $125 when you sold it…decided against that.

It does say the costs when listing the item though…chances are you missed it and are going to have a hard time arguing it.

wow well after an hour of waiting and fighting i got the fee droped…thank god, F ebay

well you’re lucky then. it clearly states the fees. Amazing how you can get a fee dropped because you didnt pay attention.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html

shhhh i have a reading problem / i needed this thing sold