Gabe from japaneseimports.ca

has anyone talked to gabe lately?

Long story short i sold him some canopies for his booth at shows. I dropped them off at CSCS grand bend last summer and his business partner told me he didnt have cash on him, but he would get gabe to pay me when he got there. ( i even helped him SET THE TENTS UP!!!)

The day goes by… no gabe… i go pack up MY booth and come back to see “the business partner” and they packed up and left already. WTF.

So i call gabe the monday after and he says oh sorry i didnt make it blah blah ill have it to you soon. ok cool thats fine. a month goes by… then the next CSCS show ( he didnt show up)

Flash to december of 07. i call him. he FINALLY answers after 2 weeks of trying to get him on the phone only to tell me he got screwed by “the business partner” and it wasnt his problem he owed me money and that i should contact the other guy. WTF AGAIN. THe best part was he didnt have the business partners contact info… HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

Flash to two weeks ago… i start calling again. and again and again… Ive now left 6 messages for him with 4 different phone numbers he can all me at and he still hasnt.

Has ANYONE talked to him?

the silly part… is hes avoiding me and ruining his rep over 350 bucks.

Ive been doing jap cars a long time. I bought Justins (moderator) GTR, i had a silvia and a plethora of other cars and am still deep into it… Ive sent countless people to him in the past and currently have two customers at my store who have bought cars from him… so its not like i discredit the guy( i DID like him and his business)

anyways… thats my story… if anyone talks to him please tell him to call greg 416 676 6774

Thanks all

Greg

I have been looking for him as well and no luck, i dont know if his business is doing well or not. i have been by and its been locked up!! he seems kool

i heard that he packed up and is not importing cars anymore.

^^ that’s what i heard

Gabes done, shops empty, our landlords have already started paper work on the unit up for rent, and hes left town i believe …

Thats messed. I thought he had a good business going and a good reputation…what happened?

he’s still around just not as much. I may see him next for a motor pickup. He may have moved shops. Contact farmer to contact him.

Ya unfortunate cause he was a friend of mine. Haven’t heard from him in ages either. I was working on a couple deals to sell that R34 VSpec II for him but its since gone cold. I dunno where the car is even.

Super strange things collapsed, cause he did move a lotta JDM cars. I think he said 23 in one month even.

He is a good guy and went the distance to keep his clients happy. But such is the case with the import biz lots of shady movements and he prolly got the short end and left it behind.

Hope it works out and (in Don Cherry voice) let that be a lesson for you kids out there, keep your head up and cash up front!

Sadly Gabe closed up shop. I haven’t talked to him which is to bad we were supposed to go out to grab drinks sometime.

I heard as well that he is moving but Gabe’s shop was in the middle not alot of people wanted it once Tiger Jap opened up.

last time i talekd to gabe he talked about wanting to close up shop and get into real estate

things like tiger jap and containers needing to be returned really set things back

I spoke to gabe yesturday, its true his shops closed but he’s still importing cars, just does it by appointment now. I got one with him on Thursday so ill let him know hes being missed.

if anybody needs to get in contact with gabe and is having no luck, please pm me and i will forward the message to him or try to hepl out with what i know about his situation.

Long and short, gabe has a buisness partner who invested into the company and since has requested his investment back for some reason, causing gabe to have to liquidate some of his inventory and scale back his operations and close his shop, plus some personal issues on top have saused him to pull back completly on his buisness. His shop and all the inventory have been moved to a large storage building and he will be holding a large garage sale type event for all the parts he still has, and he has alot

farmer

I like garage sales! let us know when he does… I’m sure there will be many people interested!

we talking garage sales on parts or cars?

Parts, Cars, rims, lots of cool stuff.

i spoke to gabe and all on our end is sorted out, no issues from my end anymore.

farms i gotta give you a shout buddy, its been a while!

Where is this big tent sale gonna be happening!! lol

keep us posted i wanna be there for sure

the sale will be at my farm in caledon, most likely mid aug , this will give us time to get everything together and see what exactly is there to be sold. there are some motor sets, diffs , skyline, fd, and honda stuff there

farmer

hey brian

did martin email you at all bout the parts?

pm me if you can