Game Over (Game On?) for Financial Markets?

You guys should have invested in bitcoin :slight_smile:

Went from $15 -> $240

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

I thought this was only IRAs?

Im curious how many people on here will have a maxed 401k + 3mil in IRA lol

Bitcoin is our alternate to that platinum $1T coin. We just need to get it high enough to absorb the US deficit and make the move. LOL

As for government theft…I’m finding it harder and harder to get shocked at measures taken. I’m also finding it more and more crazy that people aren’t revolting. :wink:

Oh yeah, it may be IRAs only. Either way it stinks.

It’s not the end of the world you can invest money in other places lol

Turks and Caicos? :wink:

HAHAHA

Associated press had their twitter account hacked and whoever did it said the whitehouse was bombed…

Resulting in this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIjWVN-CUAEN40u.png:large

Looks like an HFT algo more than retail panic to me. Just my 2 cents.
Either way fun day for those sporting GTC stops. Probably triggered a few margin calls as well…LOL.

I wonder if the hackers did this to make money and played off of it?

I’m curious if people even thought that would happen.

I should go back and see if the Boston bombing dropped the market.

It’s very unlikely that many profited from this brief but sharp move. Timing was against the odds in terms of profit and TBH as I said it looks like some type of algo to me.
Oddly enough my quant/hedge fund friend is asking the same questions as we are…did anyone make money on the move. I can tell it wasn’t his algo. :stuck_out_tongue:

Terror type events almost always spike volatility, not always to the downside but you will usually see the markets heart palpitate. LOL

http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=YM&p=h1
Boston happened around 3pm April 15th. There was a drop though if you look at it on a 1 minute chart it’s not very dramatic. DOW dropped about 120 points in the final hour after the bombing.

“AP’s fake tweet erased $136 billion in equity market value in 3 minutes”

It wasn’t erased…it was transferred. Every transaction contains both a buyer AND a seller.

When someone buys they need to sell at some point, so every buyer represents latent selling pressure.
When someone sells they sold to a buyer…see above.
When someone short sells they need to cover at some point, so every short seller represents latent buying pressure.

http://www.moneynews.com/MKTNews/billionaires-dump-economist-stock/2012/08/29/id/450265?PROMO_CODE=110D8-1&utm_source=taboola

if you see something is from newsmax, don’t read it, just move on because it’s straight up propaganda.

I promise the big boys won’t tell us when they are actually selling, not out loud anyhow. Anybody that understands charts and VSA can begin to spot hidden selling, modern day tape reading. That’s not to say you can pinpoint when something will rise or fall…only that there are footprints left in the sand.

It’s down at .13 per share right now, but it spiked up a number of times through February and March to high .20s/low .30s, even up to .47 at it’s peak, might grab some just to watch and see what happens.

I got blasted on a short oil position last week. Looks like oil might finally come out of range! There are certainly some changes in the market the last few months.

You may still have me blocked, if not what’s your take on the bonds? I think the bubble has popped…just curious what you might be thinking.

All of the negative talk from the White House and they still can’t get the market to collapse again. The puppet masters are going to have to step up their game a bit.

Sorry I just didn’t see the reply.

I agree on the bonds. What a nice ride that was though. I did hold some a little longer then I needed too but im equities/cash right now. I was long equities since 09 for the most part and used bonds as a hedge to an extent.

Recently rates did see a pop and settled back so who knows there might just be a bond range for awhile setting up some good trading. I haven’t followed the outflow cash statistic though but last I heard there was still a ton of money in Bonds. I think these people transferring to equities will help the market in the near term. But then again people who stayed in bonds the last few years might have little interest in the equities market.