Game Over (Game On?) for Financial Markets?

https://youtu.be/jOpb0NUHunE

hhahahah. “Let the sky fall”

Breaking News: The Dow Jones industrial average surpasses all-time high.

It took long enough, jeez. $85B per month and all the QE money should have us at DOW 128,000 by now. LOL

Everyone should now be feeling the trickle down lol

No, part of the reason is the fact the that companies have trillions of dollars they are sitting on. Hard to get trickle down when they are tighter than a drum.

I don’t think you will see much from the Chinese auto industry tycoons either. lol
http://www.forbes.com/sites/russellflannery/2013/03/04/2013-forbes-billionaires-list-chinas-billionaire-auto-enterpreneurs/

I’m pretty sure trickle down economics only ever meant rich pissing on the poor.

Golden shower economics. Thanks Reagan!

Hey guess where 7 of the top 10 richest counties are in the USA. (Hint: Think Kremlin West.)
If they want to keep those rankings we better not cut spending!

Virginia?

Dow Jones Industrial Average: Then 14164.5; Now 14164.5
Regular Gas Price: Then $2.75; Now $3.73
GDP Growth: Then +2.5%; Now +1.6%
Americans Unemployed (in Labor Force): Then 6.7 million; Now 13.2 million
Americans On Food Stamps: Then 26.9 million; Now 47.69 million
Size of Fed's Balance Sheet: Then $0.89 trillion; Now $3.01 trillion
US Debt as a Percentage of GDP: Then ~38%; Now 74.2%
US Deficit (LTM): Then $97 billion; Now $975.6 billion
Total US Debt Oustanding: Then $9.008 trillion; Now $16.43 trillion
US Household Debt: Then $13.5 trillion; Now 12.87 trillion
Labor Force Particpation Rate: Then 65.8%; Now 63.6%
Consumer Confidence: Then 99.5; Now 69.6
S&P Rating of the US: Then AAA; Now AA+
VIX: Then 17.5%; Now 14%
10 Year Treasury Yield: Then 4.64%; Now 1.89%
EURUSD: Then 1.4145; Now 1.3050
Gold: Then $748; Now $1583
NYSE Average LTM Volume (per day): Then 1.3 billion shares; Now 545 million shares

Someone tell helicpoter ben he’s an asshole?

“Since Q4 of 2008 the real economy has grown from $12,883.5 billion to $13,656.8 billion as of Q4 2012. This is a total of $773.3 billion in growth over the last four years or $193 billion per year or roughly about a 1.5% growth rate. During this same period, the Fed has injected roughly $5 for each dollars’ worth of economic growth. This could hardly be considered a great return on investment.” …Lance Roberts

Anyone looking at playing VIX or VXX here? Seems like the risk/reward is pretty favorable and any correction could produce a nice gain.

I see you’ve been reading some zerohedge… that Tyler Durden knows what’s up. My favorite blog to follow always check out the comments they tend to put a smile on my face.

If you want to pump and dump TVIX on a day or two basis it can be very profitable. Just make sure you set stops!

Stops, they aren’t just for bus drivers! I would never take a trade without a hard stop or the ability to watch the entire time so I could execute on a mental stop.
Is VXX a reasonable way to play my expectation of increased volatility without worrying about decay? TVIX and the 2x would be good for an in & out where you could time it well. I don’t know about the timing here so I’m considering using options etc… Just feeling for some ideas at this stage, thanks for the input Joe.

Game on… Still. How much longer can this go?

Way longer than we could even imagine. When everyone thinks it will go on forever is when they pull the rug out from underneath us.

This may not help mutual funds etc…

The budget will include a new proposal that prohibits individuals from accumulating over $3 million in IRAs and other tax-preferred retirement accounts. Under current rules, some wealthy individuals are able to accumulate many millions of dollars in these accounts, substantially more than is needed to fund reasonable levels of retirement saving. The budget would limit an individual’s total balance across tax-preferred accounts to an amount sufficient to finance an annuity of not more than $205,000 per year in retirement, or about $3 million in 2013. This proposal would raise $9 billion over 10 years.

And once again Uncle Barry thinks taking your money will help.:picard:
He knows what my sufficient retirement is?!?