Finance guys: Bear Stearns

Nothing like stock going from 58 and being bought out by JP Morgan at 2. I bet a few people will blow their own head off over this one…

Nothing like buying puts on it in the 40’s :slight_smile:

I have a bunch of friends that work there. I will look forward to hearing from them.

I beleive the CFO was a grad from my school so they hired a bunch.

quite laughable …

Yea I’m looking forward to the headlines regarding the buyout on Monday.

The bad part is what does this mean for the other guys? If Bear Stearns walked around with a stock values at 58 like what, four days ago, then its assets are purchased at $2 per share the corporate bonds must be ready to take a giant shit. Can’t be good guys :confused:

Am I reading that wrong, or does that not make sense?

Not trying to be a dick, I’m just confused:(

If you buy a put on the stock in the 40s but it drops below 40 then you can buy it for the discounted price and sell it for the put price. Basically in this case you can buy the stock for whatever it tanks to tomorrow (say, 2 for argument sake) and sell it for 40 to the guy who wrote a put against your buy. If you were dealing with 1 share it would be buying it for 2 and selling it to the guy for 40. Also doesn’t count any premiums.

Basically, you could make a killing.

Ah, pretty interesting.

Thanks for the info. :tup:

Goldman is about to make an anouncement prety soon also about their losses. Japan is already down by 450+. Fed rates already moved WTF Sunday surprise.Stay long gold and oil.

KK

Bloomerg article.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a.kwMtvHsOL0&refer=home

KK

So BSC shares are selling for less then $4 a share right now. You guys going to buy any?

what he said.
And I will, as soon as the order to exercise goes through. Buy 100 shares for $200-400, sell for $4000 and change. Can’t remember what the exact strike price was.

where do you guys buy your stocks? do you use something like e-trade or similar? how happy are you with whatever you use?

Well i use etrade and overall am not very satified with them at all. It was a beginner mistake to go with them and I just havent bothered to change it yet. As far as who to use im not really sure but i know some of these guys are happy with who they use and can inform you.

I use a Fidelity brokerage account. Works well and the fees are a bit higher than the ones you see advertised on TV but its great. Could be a little better with their charts and stuff but finance.google.com is good for that. In terms of service and things like that its great.

Fidelity Brokerage here. quick & accurate. no real complaints. Fee schedule is about on par.

Bear Stearns was a shit ass bank anyway.

LoL @ their building being worth $8/share, but everything getting bought out for $2

PS. JPM is up 9% HAH

So what do you think the outcome for BSC will be at the end of this? Think JPM will restructure and revive it? If so wouldnt their be quite a potential on its current cheap price?

lol our company dumped bear stearns not so long ago - looks like it was a good move :smiley: