Investors .. (stocks) ????

who here has stocks … I want to buy some asap

Etrade and ameritrade you need like 2g startup … im looking to start off with like $400

Help me people

Scottrade. $500.

^ what he said. They have a location in williamsville, just bring a checkbook and ID.

or give me the $400, I will put it in my account and then you can cry when you never see the money again.

Are you just going to buy some and let it sit there for a while, because if you are looking to start trading with $400 the fees are going to kill you

come on man you know better then this.Keep flipping cars and make waaaaaaay more % then the stock market

Ya a lot of sites have accounts you can open online for less than 1,000 bucks but you are going to pay double for fees.

I signed up at scottrade … im just gonna buy a couple of hundred shares and let them marinade for a while

You may as well take that $400 and light it on fire. I wouldn’t recommend investing in the market right now.

What stocks are you looking at? How are you deciding what to buy?

Stock symbols and a dart board.

Pretty much

You prefer to buy high and sell low? :picard:

I prefer to not buy low and watch it go lower only to have to buy in again to hedge my losses. :picard:

That seems to be how many do it. Honestly the market is at levels where this strategy could even pay off.

Good luck picking a bottom with perfect timing.
Most long term investors scale in over time to benefit from cost averaging.
Don’t get me wrong…I’ve told friends to wait on things and they didn’t listen. They are sitting on big red holdings like GE for example. Long term they are likely to do ok but even when scaling timing does count. Keep some powder dry and scale in slow.

When stocks have dropped as much as they have, over the next 10 years, most stocks will double their value or more.

Hard to pass up GE at $6/share if you have some money to put away for a while.

scottrade is the way to go! As far as stocks, start doing re search, read a lot, watch the news be up to date with everything that is going all the time. I used to do a decent amount of day trading, but its a lot of work and very nerve wrecking. Theres def some long term investments out there though.

I think Schwab has a account that is a checking account that has checks and everything but you can also invest with your balance too.

$ cost averaging… through 100 in each week… wait it out… profittttt

http://www.streetauthority.com/terms/d/dollarcost.asp