Anyone trade stocks?

I’ve planning that starting 2013 i’m going to take a small % of my paycheck and start dabbling in the stock market.

Does anyone have a trading site they recommend?

etrade or scotttrade is the most used i think. but watch out for the extra $$$ you will be spending. because sometimes if the stock cost $5 but you pay the broker $7 so you payed 12 for a stock. if it goes to 10 a share you are still down on money because with fees you payed 12. also it cost some to sell. commission can kill your investment too.

i found that trading stocks can be pricy. unless you hold it for long term. you could get lucky and have one make alot quick but thats hard to find.

if you can find something new that nobody has heard of before and that tech expands huge in future you have a good one imo. i like the newest stuff

i want to get back into the stocks but with new business or penny stocks. the risk is so much higher but the return could get me a tt lambo. so its a give and take.

i invested alot into silver and gold that was my best investment. i had actual materials in my hand not some stock paper. so it made it a bit easier. if you buy silver and gold from crackheads or people who need cash you can make money quick. also if you hold on to it chances are it goes up over time. the more money usa prints the more my gold and silver is worth. and i dont think they will stop printing anytime soon.

do your research on the company you plan on buying stock from. the more you know the better. if you could get a insider like martha stewart or madoff your set for life and your almost guaranteed sucess. but at a cost its illegal…but the illegal things have the best return

guns are a good investment too. kel tec sub 2k sell for $500+ now. they were $250-300 2yrs ago. and you cant go wrong when you can use your investment.

old cars are great investments that you can actually use.

oo and to get back on silver its at $33 a oz. it used to be $14 or so before 9/11/01.

same with gold that went up alot after 9/11

guns, silver,gold,and cars. you can have fun investing instead of stacking papers paying fees

good point, maybe gold and silver is a better way to go

Myself and a co-worker use Ameritrade and it’s really not that bad like pitman is saying with all the fees and bullshit. You might pay a fee off the get go to use their service, but certainly not per share.

what do they charge?

I dont trade stocks directly but I do have a 401k investment plan thru my job.

The only other stocks I have are absolutely worthless Trustco bank stocks I got as a gift several years ago and theyre not even worth half a tank of gas.

if the stock market crashes you will loose everything. if it crashes and i have silver in my pocket i will still have silver in my pocket.

thats my main point of this topic.

oo and btw look into a stock market term called “frictional expenses” and get back to me.

yeah i put my 10% into my 401k and it’s matched so that’s great. but looking at it the other day i was like “holy shit, there’s a lot of coin in here” and it’s only been 2.5 years. So now i think i’m goign to up that also.

So now i want to start investing money elsewhere, on a bi-weekly paycheck basis. that way i have a stash i can pull if i want to. 401k is pre-tax so you can’t pull it out without paying a lot for fees, and i’m not touching my 401k until retirment anyways.

not saying you wont be able to use it but my dad put alot of money into retirement and he never got to use it. he died well before he could of. i bet the money would of been better off used while he was alive. but i guess everyones different and if it helps you sleep go for it.

i am the type of guy that lives for the moment. i understand tomorow will come but its no guarantee and for some tomorow will never come. i would rather have my fun and live now instead of waiting until retirement to really live. i am not ment to work or labor for just enough to get by. i am ment to live. you see if you get stuck your stuck and itll be hard to un stick yourself.

also look into the fees with withdrawing from a 401k.

My 401k goes to my wife if anything happens to me

I use scottrade to dabble…

Invest in real estate… Setup a life insurance policy and a Roth IRA and call it a day

I use sharebuilder.com…Easy to set up, and fairly cheap… I pay $12/month for 10 or 12 transactions…Get a few good dividend paying stocks in your account and it pays your fee’s…

I used to use scott trade. If you trade 5k shares it still only costs 5 dollars as far as i know… The fees are not really that bad of you have enough money to actually be playing with.

frictional expenses look it up. theres alot more to it than just a a trading fee.

thats a great thing for your family. that shows your a good person who loves his family.

There never was when i used it.

can i see your portfolio? thats the best way to proove to me.

i know people who paid other expenses that never even knew they were charged it. that could of happened to you. becasue if you profited you pay tax too. and if you made money thatmeans you traded the stock. fees all over the place

Nope. Don’t even remember my log in stuff anymore. Made a couple hundred bucks and lost interest and took the money out. I lost the trade fee to buy, sell, then a fee to get the money direct deposited into my bank account and that was it. I did have to claim it at the end of the year though.

Scottrade only charges for trades… And if under a certain amount($1, I believe) they also charge a percentage.

Trust me, I know. Only trading fees.