any one in the stock market?

looking for some tips…

i just got some very nice info on a certin product.

and i would like to buy some shares in. was just wondering if anyone here does it and what are some good sites to get started on?

thanks

:wave:

Investopedia.com and www.rookiedaytrader.com to get you started.

I trade through etrade. There are now tons of online brokers with trnasaction fees ranging from 5-15 bucks a trade. I like etrade just because its what ive always used and i really like how the site is laid out. Would yo ucare to share your :snky: info? :smiley:

thanks for the tip. its something to keep an eye on. good luck to you :tup:

Oh also, tune in to Mad Money at 6pm on CNBC. Jim Cramer is a freaking nutcase but he has some excellent stock picks. Could have made me 23% gain if i wasnt trigger shy :cry:

Ok Martha.

“im working for a new company…its called enron” drives off in expensive sports car

lol

It’s my job, almost

Too bad I also signed a clause that pretty much says I’m fucked if I opened my mouth. Or typed or communicated in anyway lol

Jim Cramer is l337

I’m gonna pick up his book Real money

we wont tell :slight_smile:

:word: I need to get that book as well. Worth a read. :tup:

if you dont know what your doing stick to longterm stock, but usually making the most money in the quickest time involves the most risk. Here are a couple I traded recently or had in my portfolio: atyt, jdsu, ivan, atvi, zl, kry, dyn, etc…most of them fluctuate a lot. I know its not very diverse, but whatever. As long as you make money, its all good. I’m recommend scottrade, only thing that sucks about it is that you have to send checks to deposit money into your acct. Why they dont have bank transfer like every other company, I dont know. Anyhow, 7 bux trade… I also recommend watching mad money, kramers show is quite informative. A good percentage of his picks go up…

if you don’t have at least 10K to put into it don’t waste your time

Id say at least 2g… you figure if you bought cheaper stocks at $2.00 per share, you would have 1000 shares. For every cent it goes up you make $10. You would probably end up day trading… And if your lucky, you might jump on a stock like IVAN which jumped from $1.75 to $3.40 in just 3 days (I hopped in midway and made a bit). Either which way, even if you have a little money you can still make money. My aunt only had 1g and bought 10 shares of google when it was @ $100. Everyone was laughing that she had 10 shares, but she ended up letting it go when google hit 400+. So she made roughly 3g in about a 1.5 years. Better than any savings acct. Just make sure you do plenty of research before you invest in a company. This decreases your chance of losing… And my last suggestion is to be extremely patient.

:word:

Well said. Unfortunately there are too many people that are too impatient and jump ship at the sight of a loss. Sometimes you have to be very patient and wait for the upswing to come. I have a relatively small amount of money into a few stocks right now, but even with a few modest gains i should hopefully see about 400-500 in profits as long as the rest of the market doesnt tank next week. I think where alot of people run into trouble is that they are just too scared to lose the money they initially invested, and it makes them nervous and has an influence on the decisions they make. I put in what i did fully accepting i might lose it all, and that helps me from second guessing myself when the right time comes to buy or sell.

Oh also its funny you mention Ivanhoe, i was watching that as it climbed too, but i wasnt feeling confident that it would continue its climb to jump in. Oh well thats ok i feel good about the stocks i own now. :slight_smile:

watch it with those penny stocks

I’m not in the stock market, but i’m a Technical Anaylsis and Forgien Exchange Trader.
Your quarterly reports and news releases would be what is called Fundamental Analysis

I trade on the basics using indicators like BB, MACD, Relative Strength Indicator, Channels and trendlines.

DrDoS what are you looking to buy shares in if you don’t mind me asking?
Better not be something cramers been hyping about lol