Game Over (Game On?) for Financial Markets?

Nice heads up! I will jump in tomorrow. I’ve been looking for a reason to get in there.

I’ve done pretty well with amazon the last few weeks. I think my new strategy is wait for Trump to shit on any company with strong fundamentals, wait for the fall, then buy in and watch it recover.

There’s an app for that I think. I remember hearing that someone wrote one.

Pulled whatever I had open just before the big drop at beginning of year, just put some back in play. The econ data ATM doesn’t support a recession theory, we may have had a fire sale here. Something to note, govt is pumping the sub 4% unemployment number as a pro and stating we haven’t been this low since 2000. This is true, we haven’t been this low since 2000…just before the recession. Stay alert, stay nimble and always carry lube with you as an investor. lol

I keep hearing either we’re in a great spot or the world is going to end, lol. If you’re a Keynesian right now you’re either depressed or building a bunker.

I’m full speed ahead and days like today paid off :tup:

Alright guys, the time has come to make some profits.

What stocks are you picking for when this market bottoms out?

I’ve been buying this past week. Nothing exciting and certainly not any tech stocks. It’s like a holiday sale, lol.

Robo-trading and media hype are amazing :+1:

So far we’re down about 20%, recession territory is between 40-60%. Im starting to figure out some potential positions.

Jumped 1000 points today.

All over the place today. Down 500 intraday and now up. Dumping a few loser shares to offset my 2018 tax bill.

Bump for you man. Whatcha think of the employees unionizing locally?

I sold my 10k shares a couple years ago. Their stock has been stagnant as fuck since day 1. Not sure why. They seem pretty busy all the time. Used to be my go to spot when I was single, like shooting fish in a barrel, full of hipster chicks who were mad at their dads for various reasons.

Not sure what unionizing is going to do for them. Maybe I should start getting a couple shares here and there again. Maybe being unionized will stabilize their incomes and reduce their high turnover. But if they behave like the unions I’m used to working with, get ready for - ‘I can’t make his coffee, I’m already making one!’

‘Uh excuse me I’m not certified to make a sandwich with meat, that’s evil’

And my favorite - ‘are you harassing me? I demand to speak to my committee man!’

what of all this recession fear talk gents?

i assume it is typically MSM lying but is there anything to it?

That’s why I average in every week, never know when it’s gonna come! When it drops 40+% I will dump a bunch of cash into blue chip stocks.

A recession will come, it’s natural. Some would prefer in the next year so it hurts Trump’s re-election chances. Impossible to say when. But after the last bond yeild inversion it took what, 18 months?

I’m not worried. Not going to give up potentially a years+ worth of gains to sit on the sidelines because some asshole screams the sky is falling on TV.

Question of the day: is it time to buy UBER?

Also we should have all bought Chipotle, lol. Too late now.

I think Ubers long game has huge upside. Eventually they’ll get to the point with self driving cars that I think the cars owner per household will go down and it’ll be companies like Uber holding the keys.

Waiting for the big crash. Gonna dump a bunch into blue chips, it’s gonna be 09 for me all over again! CMON LAMBO!

I love this trading platform - https://m1.finance/KgR6j0EVB

Answering my own question… ehhhhhhhhhhhhh. Probably not. :thinking:

However…

Barclays has an overweight rating on shares of Uber with a $40 price target.

https://outline.com/McYwfD

hard to say.

uber is one of the most popular apps in the world and it is on almost everyone’s main screen of their phone and it could lead to hailing pretty much anything (a ride, food, etc. etc.).

i don’t see ownership of the autonomous vehicles being as profitable though, maybe just the software behind it.

in auto collision there is widespread concern about the future of vehicle ownership.

i beleive that in the near future the ownership of vehicles (and the decision of where they get repaired) will be consolidated away from individual owners to fleet management companies.

i do recall that many of the ubers and lyft’s of the world have fleet management arrangements with the likes of Hertz and Enterprise who have intense, global infrastructure around controlling the life-cycle of transporation assets.