garage door conversion

Has anyone here went through the process of converting 2 single car garage door openings into 1 double garage door?
I’m gonna be looking at a house with this setup, and want to know what to look for to be able to do this conversion potentially in the future if I go for this house. I know by removing the center column, the header will need to be either replaced or reinforced. The house is 2 story, but only half of the garage has a portion of the up stairs over it. Is this a job that could be done regardless, or could there be some limiting structural factors that could keep this job from happening that I should look for when viewing the place.

Secondly, I know a custom sized garage door will be needed. Wheres the best place to look for custom sized garage doors locally?

Try hamburg overhead door, they were reasonable when I was shopping for doors or Abbot

The new header would need to be sized correctly. May be able to get away with double LVL’s but need to know span, load, wall thickness, and garage door height to determine. + 1 on Hamburg Overhead Door.

Is it really needed?

X…

I got a quote from Hamburg for my 9X7 with a high lift, refused to put in a roofline pitch, $1998.00 no opener. Rupp overhead was $724 installed, 24" highlift & a roofline pitch track for my lift. FU Hamburg & your fat lazy salesman.