Garage moisture!!!!

My garage for some reason makes things rust so fast!!! My car is going to be in there and im scared!!! is there something i can do to prevent this or get the moisture out of the air? Thanks

Dehumidifier?

put a tarp down, use moth balls ? i’m sure there are some other things people will chime in with too…

x2

De Humidifier is the only thing that will keep a garage…

Hows teh floor condition? are the walls insulated?

like cans are all rusty now i bought like white lithium grease a year ago and the can is like completely rusty were the label isnt covering! Ya i deffinitly want to do something! Any ideas are greatly appreciated thanks so far!

I really dont no much about the garage, i just fixed some shingles that flew off, and it had a new roof like 10 years ago but i guess it didnt have any vents installed idk for sure, but i want to make sure my car doesnt get all rusty under neath and everywhere else.

put a tarp down that will prevent moisture from coming up to the frame.

Jesus christ. Where do you live? The everglades?

You really don’t KNOW anything do you?

go find out so we can actually help you…

is teh floor concrete or dirt? is it cracked? are the walls insulated? is teh door insulated? does it seal to teh floor?

Sorry im at work i read too fast… its concret yes it has cracks the walls i dont think are insulated, i dont no how well the door seals but i think it should do ok. Any other ideas thanks!

Make sure the dehumidifier is made for low temps. Most general ones will freeze up like a champ below 50-60 degrees.
My garage is hi humidity too, cracks in floor, bad grading around perimeter, backfilled w/ clay and I believe the perhaps a spring under there somewhere.

is it heated? if so, what kind of heater?

its not heated, but i will at least do the tarp! Everything looks super old and rusty like a horror movie barn or something :frowning:

park it on a tarp… did the can rust during the summer? lol I dont see it being humid and sauna like when its 20 degrees out.

I dont no when it rusted lol! i dont live there! Luckily my mom is nice enough to let me park it in there…but its still scary!

The shit probably really rusts during the summer when its hot and humid if the place is damp to begin with… Park it on a tarp, its only going to be there til when, late march? (when you took it out last year?) The car isnt going to rust away before your eyes John.

Jim! Just because you break things doesnt mean my stock slow P.O.S. needs to get rusty!!! I just want to protect my investment the best i can. go build ur train! j/k lol well i will do everything i can so any more ideas? thanks.

if the thing rusts to shit in a few months of sitting in a garage you have bigger problems for your “investment”. It sat outside last year, did it rust away? No its spotless. What else are you going to do besides parking it on a tarp? are you going to waterproof the whole garage? Give me a break.

It’s the constant change in temp at this time of year. At night metal gets cold, then it gets warmer during the day and attracts moisture because the metal doesn’t heat up fast. (like a cold glass of water) that’s what makes it rust.

X…