Gas Prices

Shortly after Katrina, in the wake of $3.50 a gallon gas, Steve Forbes went against all the doomsday predictions and said gas would fall back below $2 a gallon, possibily as soon as the end of this year.

Today gas prices have fallen below the pre-Katrina prices but the same people predicting $6 a gallon gas are now saying the current price drops are likely to slow.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/06/gas.prices/index.html

Who do you believe? I’m sticking with a guy who makes millions off knowing what the economy is going to do instead of a journalist trying to get ratings up.

4L.

I was on Forbes side when I originally saw that stmt.

the oil companies are fucking us hardcore, making billions in profits

I posted a while back about M. Steven Forbes saying that oil was only $10 a barrel a few years ago and now it is $70.
He says $30 a barrel is close to what it should be.
Hopefully he is right.

THE OIL COMPANIES MADE THE LARGEST PROFITS OF ANY INDUSTRY IN THE HISTORY OF EARTH LAST QUARTER.

It’s all still artificial inflation based on the fears and ignorance of the public.

i was waching c-span…yeah evidently were are huting for oil soooo bad mhhmm il believe that when they dont make 10 BILLION! more than they normally do. This quarter alone they cleared 75% more than their norm.

AND BUSH IS STILL GIVING THEM MORE MONEY to “FIND OIL”!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…

what happened to putting profits made (ha, earned. yeah right) back into your business… did that disappear with the barter system?

cough I said this 2 months ago cough

It dipped below $60 last week :ohboy:

not as much “find oil” as drill for it, they are trying to set up drilling refineries and what not in alaska…i say go for it.

yeah, fuck Alaska…

I’ll never be able to enjoy her beauty in person… so it may as well not be there

alaska is 1/5 ths size of the usa, i dont think drilling for oil in a few places will ruin the entire state, a good part of which is covered in ice and snow…so unless your gona buy a dog sled team…i wouldnt worry about it.

Now if we could just build some refineries we might see 1.50 a gallon.

I think the billions in profit will be used toward a more environmentally safe form of energy for transportation.

or the next generation of fuel?

word. Haven’t seen those kind of prices in about 3 years. that would be excellent.

even better if they aren’t built in disaster-prone areas.