Gateway P-7811 FX Laptop

Great laptop. About a year and a half old. It runs great and use it for everything from web design, gaming, programming, etc. Clean out the fans every regularly from dust and have had zero problems with it. Also baby the battery making sure it doesn’t sit plugged in.

Got a new laptop so this must go! Open to offers.

http://laptops.techfresh.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/gateway-p7811fx.jpg

Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor P8400
2.26 GHz | 3 MB L2 Cache | 1066 MHz FSB Chipset Intel® PM45 Express Chipset Display panel 17-inch WUXGA TFT (1920 × 1200) Memory 4096 MB 1066 MHz DDR3 memory (2 × 2048)
Operates at 1066 MHz
Total slots: 2 slots | Available slots: 0 slots Video controller NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800M GTS
With 512 MB of GDDR3 Discrete Video Memory Audio High definition audio - 2 channel Webcam 1.3 Megapixel HDMI Version 1.3 connector E-SATA port Yes Fingerprint reader No Hard drive 200 GB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive Optical drive 8x Multi-Format Dual Layer DVDRW with DVD-RAM and Labelflash™ Write maximum: 8X DVD±R, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 2X DVD-R DL, 2.4X DVD+R DL, 5X DVD-RAM, 24X CD-R and 16X CD-RW discs
Read maximum: 8X DVD-R/RW/ROM, 4X DVD±R DL, 5X DVD-RAM, 24X CD-R/RW/ROM discs
Modem Integrated V.92 56K modem Network Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet adapter
802.11n wireless LAN Memory card reader 5-in-1

• Memory Stick®

• Memory Stick Pro®

• Multimedia Card™

• Secure Digital™

• xD-Picture Card

MiniSD and RS-MMC (when used with adapter that is supplied with card)
    Interfaces

• Three - USB 2.0 ports

• One - VGA port

• RJ-11 port (modem)

• RJ-45 port (LAN)

• One - E-SATA

• One - IEEE 1394

• Headphone/SPDIF audio out jack

• Microphone jack

• One - HDMI V1.3 connector

• One - Kensington lock slot

• Power input

Pointing device Touchpad with vertical scroll zone Expansion Slot ExpressCard™ Type 54 Battery 9-cell Lithium-ion Dimensions 1.3 to 1.7-inches (H) × 15.75-inches (W) × 11.75-inches (D) Weight 9.2 lbs (14.01 lbs)

Price?

this.

Open to offers. Paid $1400 when I got it.

As a reference the newer gaming laptops that had 260m gtx video cards in them (the next gen up) were going for around $700 and change with clearance pricing. Based on that I would comfortably offer $400-$450 for yours. I know its quite a bit off what you paid but you can never use that number when trying to sell a previously owned unit. If its considerable let me know.

TY

No.

BUMP and lower asking price. going with a smaller laptop and dedicated system to watch videos on my TV with so need to get rid of this.

$850

Ouch, glws man.

Bump.

Getting a new laptop that is more portable so this needs to go.

$650 or best offer.

Bump.

this might be a useless bump…but, bump.

if i had a use for it i wouldd pick this up in a heartbeat - its an awesome and VERY capable laptop…and while i know some people dont agree, i LOVE gateways build quality, especially that generation/chassis. It has a very solid feel and is overall an awesome laptop - especially at that price.
GLWS

Thanks.

Its been awesome. Just too big for what I need now which is why I am selling it. I know laptop resale values are tough so I am open to offers.

Bump. Its sitting on my dresser and I need an exhaust for my bike.

Open to offers.

hmm, sounds decent to me, whats the lowest you would go pm me, my roomate might intrested in it since he doesn’t have a computer lol

any other parts you are looking for? 4x100 wheels? tires? etc

does this have any kind of add on options cause i see retail was $1400 in 2008 when new

I will give you a offer on this as soon as my iPad sells.

Not looking for any car parts. It was bought when it came out so it has all the standard options.

Post an ad in your office window…
At least 100 praxair people will walk by it every day…

Haha I know. I have my blinds closed a lot cuz I don’t like people walking behind me.

I was reading a bit online and these seem to have overheating issues, my last Gateway laptop is broken now also due to the overheating issues. Does this ever seem to run very hot, or shut itself down because it gets too hot? I am intetrested, but I can’t sink a bunch of money into another laptop that is going to die in 6 months.