GB: Mfactory Oil Cooler Kits

It seems that many of you like to run your cars at the track, auto-x or drifting events so I thought you may be interested in one of these kits. Keeping your oil cool is essential when driving your car hard for extended periods of time. Nothing is worse than just getting into a track day and having your oil temperature start to rise. If I can get 5 kits ordered I can offer the price of $375CAD Tax included. If you are interested pm or email me and I can put you down on the list. As with other GB’s I have, putting your name on the list isnt going to force you to buy but more or less showing you are interested.

Chris Richardson
Email: Sales@TougeTuning.com
MSN: TougeTuning@hotmail.com

Stay ahead of the competition with the MFactory Oil Cooler Kit. Keeping your oil cool is a must on every high performance vehicle, especially those equipped with a turbocharger. With their highly efficient, 19 row design, our performance oil coolers out-performs similar “Japanese Brand” coolers that are several times the price!

Our Oil Cooler core has been compeletely redesigned and is far more efficient than our original. Not only is our Oil Cooler 20% more efficient than most similar sized Oil Coolers on the market, it also helps reduce air restriction, all from the same size 290x140x50 Core as our previous model.

Our performance oil cooler kit is also supplied with our specially designed oil-filter relocation adaptor which allows you to relocate your hard-to-get-at oil filter to a more convenient location in your engine bay.

Unlike a lot of competing kits on the market, ours come with Fully Stainless Braided Hoses With Couplings which ensure your hoses stay attached. There has been many a story about hoses coming loose and oil leaking out. We all know the final result of this. Don’'t let this happen to your engine - Stay safe, stay away from clamp-type fittings.

For those with performance gauges, there are also two 1/8 point sensor holes in the oil-block adaptor to fit your Oil Pressure/Temp sensors.

Our kits come supplied with:

• Fully Stainless Braided Hoses With Couplings (2 x 1.3m & 1 x 1.5m)
  • 3 x 90 Degree Aluminium Hose Adaptors
  • CNC Aluminium Oil Filter Adaptor
  • Universal CNC Aluminium Oil Block Adaptor (Fits All Japanese Vehicles)

Please Note: Although the adaptors take factory fitment oil filters, we recommend fitting a larger aftermarket filter. This is Not Supplied with the kit.

They also do not come with a Thermostat. Depending on the application, an inline thermostat may be required to be installed.

http://www.trpl-s.com/forum/files/oilcoolerkit.jpg

Is it just me or do the pictures depict a remote filter as well?..

Wel the lines on the oil plate attach where the filter goes so you have to remote mount the filter.

I’ve seen both styles and “remote filter mount” or something to that effect isn’t in the description so… just to be sure…

Yes this is kit is complete with the oil filter relocation aswell as the oil cooler, in the list the relocation adapter is this “- CNC Aluminium Oil Filter Adaptor.” If you have anymore questions do not hesitate to ask:).

it does not look like this oil cooler kit gb is going very well so I might as well ask what it would cost to get one of these without the group buy because this thing look pretty damn nice.

PM’d and price has been fixed aswell :slight_smile:

I will get one in the spring for sure… if not just to make oil changes easier.

christmas is on its way though :wink:

christmas is on its way though :wink:[/quote]

And I have been a really good boy this year.

1.96gsr

1.96gsr
2.S13GG

Versus the price he gave me for individual, might as well sign up now…

put me down for one. just need one more person to get that price…

1.96gsr
2.S13GG
3.mrsynister

i have this exact kit on my car if anyone wants to take a peak at it.

Any pics of it installed on your car ?:slight_smile:

not yet, i likely wont take pics either…

there are pluses and minuses as with anything

• price and features (relocation kit, stainless lines look pretty etc)
  • the hoses are not likely to fit your application perfectly so you will have to get them cut and refitted, which will significantly increase your cost. i took my to an industrial hose and hydraulic place and they told me that did not have the same fittings and could not refit them at all actually because of the size of the hose and the type of fittings used.

they are not automotive application fittings

i took the lines to Bicknell, authorised for Aeroquip and Earls, and they also could not match the lines… even the Earls fittings in the same thread pitch could not be crimped onto the lines…

in the end i had to have whole new earls stainless lines and fittings made to make up for the lines that were not the right size

as you can imagine the earls lines and fittings were not cheap.

Bing buddy, you got had.

Those AN fittings are just JIC fittings. If you can match them in earls, ANY compitant hydrolic shop should have adapters or fittings in STOCK, or beabe to order them.

As for hoses, Areoquip requires there own type of crimp fit hose end, or there own type of reusuable hose ends. You’ll find this with most stainless covered teflon lines. Be this as it may, again any hydrolic shop worth it’s salt could have oredered the fittings in next day and fixed you up nicely.

As for cutting and fixing the hoses, you will find that you can find a hose from a different manufactuer that specs out the same as the hose in use for this kit, and use fittings accordingly to solve the problem. In this case as the pressure is very low it would work perfeclty fine withut leakign issues, but on higher pressure hoses, wheere pressure exceeds 300-1000psi, it’s not recommended.

Did you find the hoses too short or too long? with 2 1.3m and 1 1.5m hose unless your mounting it on the complete other wise of the car there shouldnt be any issues?

Sorry matty, i already went through all this.

the hydraulic shop i went to was “Industrial Hose and Hydraulic” the largest facility of its kind in Niagara. i personally know many of the guys that work there because they are professional or amatuer go-kart and dirt-track racers. they took a look at the fittings and told me that they were NOT typical fittings… they are some slightly more obscure fittings of asian decent.

i then took the lines to Bicknell, a famed dirt-track / go-kart fabricator, and dealt with the same gentleman who rebuilds the dampers for me and who is a former dirt-track champion whose son is the current points leader in his class this year in dirt-track… he gave me the earls fittings assuming the same thing that both you and assumed…

i tried to put the fittings on myself but could not…

i handed the lines over to one of our maintenane personel at the plant who used to build formula ford and formula V cars… he tried for about 30 minutes before coming to the conclusion that the lines were not the same size as intended for the Earls fittings, they were slightly different.

i took the lines back to Bicknell and the gentleman went into the back on thier equipment and after 20 minutes he came back and told me that even though it looked like they were typical lines and fittings, they were in fact not.

i had to buy new lines and earls fittings to take up the area required.

if you know someone who has these exact fittings in stock then it wont be this difficult, but the two multi-million dollar companies i went to whom i have a good relationship with both told me that they did not have useable fittings in stock nor could they get them.

alot of the hardware on these types of products of asian decent are not used in north america… these lines and fittings are one of those items… however, the thread pitch is the same as Earls.