George Gaspar "Turbocharged" was killed

Visitation is Wednesday and Thursday from 2-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m at Copeland’s Sewickley, 702 Beaver St., with Blessing Service on Friday at 10 a.m. Burial is in Sewickley Cemetery.

its sad that everytime i hear a bike wreck i’m checkin to make sure its not someone from here. when i heard the name on the news i thought it was quik for a sec… dont think i ever met the kid but thats a shame.

I think that would have been ’01ish, I think I came back to UCSC in ’02.

I also remember plenty of nights in the little attic thing above his garage just having a few and listening to music and BSin. Or turning wrenches on one of his piles.

Or what about going down to Dixmont with George and some of the other guys and scaring the crap out of n00bs.

I remember that Sami.

What a traggic loss. George was a great guy, and one of the good friends I made during the (short) time I spent in Pittsburgh. I’d still chat with him online every now and again since I moved back, and it still sounded like he was doing what he loved: messing with cars/trucks and playing music. He was always hilarious and would never back down from a project. That old 300ZX he had that was originally an NA/Auto, then he swapped a stick in, then later a Turbo motor all with little prior experience and know-how was proof of it. He’d just set in and get something done, he’d find a way. He also made the best of what he had in that respect. He didn’t have a lot of money, or ‘nice’ cars given to him. So he busted his ass (and knuckles) to make something that was cool and fun with little or no budget.

He got into motorcyles after I left, but it doesn’t surprise me at all. He was a speed junky like most of us, and bikes are a thrill that can’t be parralled. Even driving that SCed Viper I picked up last week can’t compare to the speed and rush of a sport bike. But the danger simply isn’t worth the reward. I lost another good friend just a few months back on a mnt road out here in Santa Cruz. It’s also very tragic to hear drinking was involved. I can’t help but feel a little responsible since George had never really drank until we started hanging out. But that was many many years ago, 5 or more. There is no excuse for drinking and driving, and absolutely no reason ever to get on a motorcycle if you’ve had a drop. It’s sad we have to lose somebody to be reminded.

Rest in Peace George, you’ll be remember as a good friend to many. I’m sure you’re turning a wrench somewhere up above us now.

-TJ

I remember a lot of times George and Pete would come hang out at my apartment and I remember laughing until it hurt. He was a good kid. I’m sad to hear alcohol could have been involved. :frowning:

RIP you hairy motherfucker. :frowning:

ha try playin hockey with the kid when he wears no shirt. many many many times i prayed he was on my team. it seemed like on the hottest days he was never on my team.