Local rider lost.

Ladies and Gents,

I’m not sure who may have heard or who may have known him, but Don the service manager at Gattos in Tarentum, was killed in a motorcycle accident Monday evening. I stopped down at Gattos last night to look at cruisers with Carie and it was posted up all over the place. I will try and find an artical on it, but from what was said a tow truck pulled out in front of him and I think it was some where in shaler.

I delt with Don a few times over at Gatto’s service center and he was a really cool guy. Nice to talk to and joke around with.

I posted this up here just in case more people would see it if they have delt with gattos since they deal with more than just street bikes.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/14038762/detail.html#

My condolences go out to his family and Gatto cycles.

I’m sorry to hear that.

All these accidents I’ve been hearing about lately is making me rethink my want for a bike.

:frowning:

He was friends with 22psi he told me about it the other day…

sad

its right in front of the north most entrance to Glenshaw glass, the skid marks are long and extream evidence that he made an attempt to avoid the truck.

I drive thru that particular spot at least 3 times a day.

From what i could see the bike was traveling south in the right lanes, from what i was told the tow truck driver had turned around in the Glenshaw Glass lot, the Bikes skid is probably 20 foot long going from the right lane to the left lane.

Very sad

sorry to hear

My condolences

Sorry to hear about the loss.

theres a mark where he landed right in the yellow lines. theres yellow spray paint (police markings)

Ive heard about this accident by several people…but didnt know who it was that got killed.

I cant even say its how its how you ride…In my thread I spoke about my friend who just wrecked last night…He took the courses and learned by the books. He is a fire fighter and is called to these types of scenes all the time so he knows not to mess around on one. He is a very good driver! It just took something small to malfunction…and this is the result.

Its so sad to see.

My prayers go out to everyone…Those who have lost and those who ride still.

I will keep all in my mind.

Holy crap! I didn’t hear about this! Don was a great dude! Wow… this is terrible…

Wow so sad. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. :frowning:

what FBA said is correct what happend, donnie hit a the bed of a flatbed and slid under.

for those who are interested there is a memorial at 10am saturday meet at gattos then following the procession to lakewood cemetary in indianola

I passed there a million times today trying to figure out how it could have happened…was there a truck pulling out of glenshaw glass? Was it a ricks truck?

none of this matters…im just curious.

I heard the driver was making a u-turn on rte 8!

ARE YOU FOR REAL!!!