Motorcycle Accident

My friend just told me she saw a wrecked motorcycle and and what appeared to be a dead guy laying on the side of the road. Police were present, but they were not doing anything with the body, so she assumed he was passed.

It was a black cruiser…

Hope no one here knows him…

This was on the grant exit of the 198.

Is that compassion I see there? No fucking way this is the real Newman.

However, I do hope the same.

Now that the weather is warming up this will be a regular occurrence. Last year it seemed like it was at least once a week that a local biker got killed. I quit riding after five years 'cuz I didn’t want to be next. Most times it’s the car drivers fault. But plenty of asshat bikers out there. Saw what appeared to be a rookie today. Weaving in and out, cutting people off. Bikers: Take a safety course, Don’t do stupid shit in traffic, buy life insurance, & pray!

:frowning:

:tdown:

Yeah these things tend to happen in April and May. I remember a few years ago I was really jonesing for a bike and then 4 people I know got hurt and one died in about a month span. I forgot about the bike quickly.

it can be a biker’s fault sometimes, but many times cars just arent looking

one of the reasons I took my bike off the road. track only.

Last year it really was one after another. The local bikers and I ( Stunt Factory X) are doing a rides for life function for charity. Riding season sneaks up too quick on the people who don’t ride and aren’t looking for bikers when they make that turn or switch lanes.

RIP

Not to mention all the gravel on the shoulders and at intersections that hasn’t been swept up yet. :tdown:

Had a sfx member go down yesterday because of that and broke his collar bone, at 15 mph, first gear. So you ain’t shittin.

dont kid yourself, guys die on the track as well. Not as often but many people crash on the track for overriding thier skill limit. How many guys do you know that crash each year on sp.org and have to rebuild their bike, or have to take months off of work because of injury. No matter where you ride its dangerous. Just dont think that the track is a solve all for death and injuries. fwiw.

werd. a dude from massapequa, ny(where im from) got killed by a womand merging, she didnt see him. from what i understand he saw her at the last second and tried to bail, but he didnt make it.

Really sad…

heard the guy hit the guardrail and went over the guardrail flies through the air

not good.

lol i didn’t claim that people are invincible on the track

just that you have a lot less morons to look out for than on the street.

and the fatality rate street vs track definately supports me

+1… ok ANDYYYY… lol… this debate will never be open… track is safer than the street under the same riding pace because of…

no kids
no pets
fenced in, so fewer wild life
sufficient run off room
less debri due to a groomed track surface
not to mention mandatory instruction for the novice group
flag men help eliminate BLIND turns and future obstacles

im sure there are many things that i am overlooking, I’m anxiously awaiting your retort mr. ball

sorry to hear… so sad :frowning:

There was another accident on transit near maple this morning…

tdown

damn, that’s nuts. i’ve been in cali for 8 months and riding for 7 of those. only seen one accident so far. although, everyday i do ride i triple or quadruple check when i’m changing lanes or just merely on the highway cause people are dumb as hell out here.

wrd up will. also, everyone on the track is paying attention to the track. rather than talking on the phone, eating a sandwich, reading a magazine, turning around and yelling at their kids, looking for their next turn, etc.

43 year old?
http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=6402345

Phew. Butch posted last night. Just making sure. IIRC he’s got a Harley.