German jerkoff v. my new daily

So, I am officially done with Neons and Evos (at least for now). I am planning for our wedding, saving up, and I just don’t want to mess around with cars too much anymore, so I picked up a car that I have wanted for a while, and that I can drive all year. I picked up this e46 M3 from Jon earlier this month here on NYspeed:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6099/6295606946_bb65045c15_b.jpg

It has just over 105k miles now, runs and drives great. It’s a '02 Jet Black M3 with black leather interior, and the Cold Weather and Premium packages. When I got it, it was lowered on the FK coilovers and had the SSR GT3 wheels. I put the stock suspension back on for now, and I have the SSRs all cleaned and stored in my garage for the winter, so that I can run the stock wheels with snow tires for now.

It’s such a nice car compared to what I am used to driving. I am still learning all of the little features it has, and slowly feeling more comfortable with spirited driving. It’s amazing how in-control of the car you can be while taking a corner at speed, even when the rear breaks free a little bit. Such a good car :tup:

-mark

We all know there is a Neon or Evo hiding behind that M3 don’t need to lie!

Weird you ditched the FWD/AWD platforms for a RWD winter/DD

Anyways :tup: always wanted one of these

Nice purchase, good idea to change it up.

Hah, funny enough there is an Evo in the garage, but I already took deposit and I am just waiting for the buyer to pick it up next month.

I dig these. I feel like everyone moves into one at some point.
Is there an aftermarket exhaust that sounds good for these and not like a Honda?

This and a s2k?
I think I need to justify two RWD sports cars and ditch my mazda3.

This has an eBay M2 exhaust on it now, but I am putting the stock catback back on it on Tuesday.

This exhaust is loud, and sounds like a Honda when you rev without engine load, but while actually accelerating, especially the fast revs of 1-2-3, it actually sounds like an exotic. With that said, I am pretty confident I am going to prefer the stock muffler better, since it’s my daily driver, and not my attention getter.

And you’re getting married

You sound like me we are all getting oldddd

I really like these, I’m yet to drive one that isn’t SMG. I’m looking forward to you sliding the piss out of this when it snows.

:tup:

I miss her :frowning:

so dope. if you wanna sell it then get at me…

nice pick up :tup: loved mine and miss it everyday. still needs the low and wheels for the summer

another Euro on nyspeed… didn’t see that coming… :lol:

My dad had the SAME car when it came out. It was a blast to drive! (first manual trans car i ever drove) I have always secretly wanted one :snky:

What happened to the s2k?

I sold the Honda to a local up here. I liked that car a lot, but it was not practical for anything, other than having fun driving.

Nice ride :tup:

Good choice.

Cant believe this is the same car… i miss the ssr’s

Fun car… :tup:

It’s allways something worth noting when a car is a pleasure to drive all the time, not just the 5% of the time you have your foot to the floor.

X…

Very nice

I thought that was the whole point?