Get Past Windows Password

I have a Acer Travelmate C110, running XP Tablet PC edition.

I’d like to use it, but it has a password to get into windows, and I don’t know what it is.

How can I get past this?

boot in to safe mode log in as administrator… Odds are there is no password for the admin account. make a new admin account delete the old account

should tell you how to boot into safe mode.

You could also try to do ctrl + alt + del twice at the normal splash screen but odds are thats disabled.

This is assuming the computer is windows XP… If its vista this method may work

OPHCRACK

Bootable Windows 2000 disc

turned the computer on in safe mode, still cant log in

tried using “admin” and “administrator” as the username, and keeping the password blank, and also tried using those 2 usernames with the same password

ultimate boot disc has a linux prog that will clear any windows xp password.

I’ve used it a few times with success, and one time it didn’t work (I think on a xp pro machine)

what these guys are saying will work.

Do it! I have a CD if you need to borrow it.

Im in the middle of d/ling that right now. I just burn that to a CD and boot off it?

Yup, boot with it in there and it should take a few mins to work.

fuck. I just remembered something. The laptop doesn’t have a disc drive. It has an external one, but when I got the laptop, I didn’t get that drive.

I guess I could try putting it on a USB drive?

i copied the .iso file to a usb drive and chose to boot off of “removable devices” and that didnt work

Hmmm, try the FAQ or the forum and see what they say.

http://www.google.com/search?q=ophcrack&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

The computer should allow booting to an external CD Drive (as a removable device) burn the iso and try that.

If it doesnt work, your really kind of stuck…getting a bootable usb drive with more than a dos prompt isn’t the easiest to explain.

You need to burn the contents of the iso to a CD. You can’t just copy it over to a disc/disk/USB drive.

Think of an ISO as a zip file. You need to extract what’s inside of it before you can use it.

If I recall, OPHCrack is a dictionary-style tool for cracking passwords, right? Why not just try something that removes/replaces the hash itself in SAM?

Try this one:
http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

Scroll down to the downloads section. You can download it in either ISO or zip format. I’ve used this program many times, without fail.