Windows Vista password Q.

My buddy here at NAPA just inherited a Computer from his dad. Problem is that Windows (Vista) is locked withn a password. Is there any way he can get the password or change it without knowing the old one? I guess he was able to get clues but they didn’t help at all.

I have a program that does this. It’s great for working on PC’s that are locked and they didnt give you the password.

Also in XP you could boot into safe mode and disable the password protection.

i know there are password cracks for windows xp (i have one) but i have not gotten one for vista yet as we don’t run any vista comps at the office… try searching the net for some

Hmmmmm…thanks guys.

I doubt he tried booting in safe mode…I have heard people locking up computeres trying that. I may be mistaken though.

XP safe mode works like a charm every time. I am not sure about Vista. Hang on I’ll reboot and try.

No go.

how about asking the person he got the pc from originally?, or you can try the admin account, they might of been stupid and not used a password.

[quote=“BuickGN,post:7,topic:35531"”]

how about asking the person he got the pc from originally?, or you can try the admin account, they might of been stupid and not used a password.

[/quote]

lol…

I should have been more clear…his dad passed away so it will be tough to ask him. :slight_smile:

ok well yeah im sorry my mind reading is shut off today :slight_smile:

i would try the program in the link then remove the password option when you are able to log in (pending the program works).