getting rid of catalytic converter???

hey everyone!
just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that buys old catalytic converters? i finally got the high flow one welded in and didn’t want to just throw out the old one…
i was told about R.k freidmans in green island but they only were offering ten dollars… wondering if that’s average or if there’s any place offering more?

take it to a junk yard you’ll get some decent money for em, even the port of albany

Put it in the classifieds for $11 or $12.

Pretty much any scrap yard will buy them off ya. Ive heard as high as $60 per cat

do you happen to know what place?

and i think the port of albany is where ill try next… ive heard a few people mention that…

Predel’s buys them and so does Hudson metal and just about any scrapyard

The port. Im not sure what prices are like nowdays though…

Pretelz is a RIP OFF. Only worth it if you have minimal shit and going to the port wouldnt pay off. With any kind of bigger load, go to the port for sure

a guy on ls1tech pays 125 per cat…

WAT ^^

the price is low now, they usually pay about 15-25 per cat.

if you’d like to get ahold of them id be willing to give you some of that…

swear to god. He uses the insides for something. He has his own website and shit for buying cats. He was going to give me $200 for my stockers but I decided to keep them.

I will see what I can do. I havent seen him post in a while and forgot his user name.

Damn…

no kidding…

well if you by chance happen to find him or remember just let me know

for fbody cats he used to pay 125, these days who knows

i was thinking of selling my oem exhaust from my car to like a scrap yard or something. what about hudson metal, they take that kinda stuff?

I tried getting rid of a couple cats I had laying around. The scrap yards wouldn’t give me anything because they weren’t made of metal and meowed all the time.

but seriously, I called around to a bunch of places including the port, it’s not even worth the drive if you only have one, I think they said they give $10 for small/medioum passenger car cats, and $25 for large truck cats.