Who pays the most for scrap catalytic converters?

Got one from the Miata. They’re going for like 60-100 on eBay. Who/where around here pays somewhat similar? I’ve seen ads for places like Stella “Up to $100” but I’ve never been there.

Castriota metals recycling just outside the Liberty Tunnels gave me $45 apiece for some old Civic cats I had laying around.

u got ripped ,import cats do 100 + jess call this guy 724-989-6095 Jim

$100 for old cats??? I’m gonna start carrying a jack and a sawzall in my car.

do not go to stella they rip you off bad.

:rofl: looks like you got a flat tire…here let me help you…oh, the cat…you dont need that.

there is a guy that buys cats at D&D salvage in lawrenceville on saturdays. def 100+ for import.

aready being done

Yep. dont forget the creeper, just slide from one to the next.

you should atleast get 75. any less and you got ripped

cat stealing is getting huge in the west and its slowly moving across. I’m surprised how few people actually know about it

btw battery sawzall or this
http://www.arizonatools.com/img/products/K/KDT2031.JPG

the Exhaust and Tailpipe Cutter. Use tool to cut pipes 3/4" to 3" in diameter. Fifteen blades effectively cut pipe so only 1/4 turn is needed for a complete cut. Patented, serviceable tool works in hard-to-reach areas. for only $40

it pays for itself,

Group Buy?

Someone please educate me on why they are so valuable?

Platinum internals.

Garbage man got a surprise from my dad when he threw away my SRT cat with out paying attention. LOL.

depends on the particular cat and the condition. I do well from a guy that comes and takes them right out of my garage, no taking them anywhere :cool:

Platinum, Palladium and Rhodium. all precious metals that make up the primary contents

Did we ever come to a conclusion on the best place to take these?

I used to have a source and I don’t anymore.

I’ve got a handful that can go.

Bump.

Anywhere else to take it? Free day tomorrow, trying to get a bunch of stuff done that I’ve been putting off.

I’ll call “Jim” tomorrow as well, find out where he is.

Does anyone know if a place will give me money for broken cat innards? My cat is part of my downpipe and it’s broken and rattling so I was going to beat it out anyhow. Is it possible for me to get anything out of it? It’s not very big anyhow and it’s a high flow, but still… money is money.

if it is a high flow aftermarket cat you will not get anything for it. not enough to be worthwhile IMO.