GI: DriftOps Sep. 12

Couple of suggestions…

As Santi said, bright orange vests for media.

If you tandem without a cage/proper safety stuff, black flagged, do it twice, done for the day. Perhaps event do sessions for guys prepped vs non prepped. I know it sucks, but gotta keep it safe guys.

I can’t believe helmets are not mandatory… hell I won’t even get in my car without my fire suit, and that’s even if it’s dirty as hell from being in a loud as hell, smelly as hell MG the entire previous weekend.

well i use to roll without protecting my melon. i now have decided on wearing a helmet. its all i got available to me at the moment for the rest of the season.

in quebec we have the 418 drift days at st-croix. Because of all the assurance shit and track owners. for next year its gonna be mandatory for the drift day to have a roll cage, killswitch and fire extingwisher… Thats totaly sucks because its gonna kill the sport because local drifter cant afford all those stuff.
last week-end with you, when i saw the guy drifting with a turban beside of an helmet i just says oh my god!!! Here in quebec we already pass by all this shit, so we know how safety is important. safety is your life so its yours to take care!!!

were can i found some information about the s1dc guys. please give me an email or something because i lost one of my wheel and i hope hes got it

^
canadiandrifter240sx - Chris
sr20s13 - Cody

They each had a trailer at the event.

Hopefully theres 1 or 2 more before winter I’m pissed I missed this one :frowning: … I need to bring out the 86

I m not sure what your implying by me drifting without an helmet. Like a lot of the other guys there, i just didn’t have one, and no my turban isn’t a issue with the helmet, simply just didn’t the correct type to accommodate me. And with that being said. i stopped drifting that day, when they said it was mandatory.

I just ordered my helmet. Everyone get one.

i hope you know harmit doesnt drift with a turban to mock those wearing a helmet…

lol, on a serious note, everyone get a helmet, snell 2005 approved. And make sure it fits good, without any pressure points.

I’ve modified, lol, the way i tie my turban to accommodate my new helmet. haha.

Also, make it mandatory for passenger to have helmet also. Should be the same protection rule.

I think that’s a given…

im sorry i dont want to injured you at all. Its just because i didnt know before i saw you that the helmet was not mandatory. so when i saw the first people with no helmet was you and you were wearing a turban. so i was a little shocked that people are thinking about drifting with no helmet
i apologize!

Yo Jo, thanks for coming and helping us during the event. Hope you had a good time

Its cool, i wasn’t trying to sound hostile. Just didn’t want people thinking i came their intentionally to drift without a helmet. Next time i’ll have one.

Wasn’t there someone shooting video with a Canon GL2 or something?

Where are the vids?

so helmets are gonna be mandatory at these events?

His vid’s on BOOKFace!

I just wanted to bring something up about the safety issues/car damages i was looking at the wall and i noticed the haybails were on the pits side of the track and im wondering why they were not on the track…becasue im 95% sure that guys car could have been savable IF those haybails were there instead of just the wall…

why not put those bails out all the time?? …what good are they on the other side of the wall?

^^ good point that really coulda prevented all that damage but it would be in the way

Because they were very comfy to sit on!
Seriously. I don’t know why they were on the other side. I’m sure someone had a reason at some point.

I was about 15ft from the impact. It’s hard to say if the car would have be salvageable. I’m pretty sure Jeff93eg felt the impact in he washrooms!

opps.

I am sure that if they were there, the car…maybe would not have needed a frame pull to be saved…damaged for sure but not the the extent. i was working onmy car when it hit…it sounded crazy because both airbags going off…witch everyone with airbags should take out the fuse on track!

if it was me ide want to know why they were not there…hats all so for future i think we should make sure they get put out. they are not really in the way to be honest. drifted many times there with them…