giggitygiggitygiggitygiggitygiggitygiggity

tup to you sir, nice choice

:tup:

Dawn, I’m a nerd, but I think I look a little extra nerdy in that pic for some reason. I think it’s because I need a haircut and look like a damn hippy. Here, how’s this:

As for autocrossing, I’ve just got to talk the wifey into letting me take her Protege. I’ll just buy her a pair of shoes or something. :tup:

Congrats :wiggle:

nice new gass guzzler…

the only thing i see that needing besides a bike rack on the roof.

is these http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/images/mud_terrain.gif

OMG they got rid of the floor shift 4WD NOOOooooo. that was my favert thing about my dads you KNEW when it was in four wheel, none of that spin dial crap.

oh and flat black the rims. and get said tires. but vary nice color choice I like.

lol I didn’t pick the color. The next closest manual transmission Xterra with side airbags is in Wisconsin.

There’s an indicator that shows all 4 wheels and highlight what ones are in drive mode. Plus there’s a sensor and an idiot light in case you leave it in 4wd on dry pavement.

[quote=“RedrRocket,post:25,topic:33357"”]

nice new gass guzzler…

the only thing i see that needing besides a bike rack on the roof.

is these

[/quote]

It’ll get new tires within a few months. We bought it partly so my wife would have something good to take down to the snowbelt for work a couple of times a week in the winter. That won’t work on these POS General Grabber AW’s. I figure I’ll toss the new snow/mud tires on the stock steelies and then look for some used alloys on ebay for the summer and the General’s.

As for gas guzzling, meh. I have a 7.4 mile per day commute. I was getting 22mpg in my Jetta. The truck’s rated 17/22. So by consciously driving like less of a dick and driving less (fewer trips and such) it’ll be no problem spending the same on gas as I did with the Jetta.

Check out the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo’s. I’ve had them over over a year on my truck and they are by far the best tires I’ve ever owned. A coworker put a set on his Bronco after hearing me talk about mine and he’s saying the same thing now. I’ve heard there are better options for mudding, but I don’t go mudding. In the snow and rain, they are amazing, and seem to be wearing very well for how aggresive they are.

^Thanks! Yeah I don’t go mudding either. What kind of a lame poseur suburbanite with a wife 2 dogs a white picket fence and an SUV would I be if I actually took it off-roading? :lol:

I usually make a point to take the Expedition to the sand pits when I’m back home but around here I rarely have time to go driving off to the sticks to go off roading.

And now that it’s the wife’s truck I try to be nicer to it.

I think I am the only person that hated the Revo’s, burnt through them way to fast, had better response from the Yokohama ACS+II, if you want a really good summer tire and you don’t go off roading much look at the Kuhmo Escta ASX, that tire was the first time I ever got over a year of driving out of one set, and they would still be running strong except I decided to go a little crazy with the camber on the front

[quote=“BikerFry,post:23,topic:33357"”]

As for autocrossing, I’ve just got to talk the wifey into letting me take her Protege. I’ll just buy her a pair of shoes or something. :tup:

[/quote]

if by “shoes” you mean “tires” . . .

Nice truck, bad rims/tires. I think once you get a nice wheel/tire combo on that truck I’ll be sold.

is it me or are the new xterras the size of the armada

Just you. The Xterra’s 28.2" less length, 6" less girth, 2.9" less height, and 1300 fewer pounds. But I’m glad it looks big to you.

[quote=“66impalass,post:32,topic:33357"”]

I think I am the only person that hated the Revo’s, burnt through them way to fast, had better response from the Yokohama ACS+II, if you want a really good summer tire and you don’t go off roading much look at the Kuhmo Escta ASX, that tire was the first time I ever got over a year of driving out of one set, and they would still be running strong except I decided to go a little crazy with the camber on the front

[/quote]

Was your alignment way off or something, because yeah, you’re the only one I’ve heard of complain about these tires:
http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComments.jsp?additionalComments=y&tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A%2FT+Revo&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&partnum=57SR6ATREVOWL&tirePageLocQty=%26partnum%3D57SR6ATREVOWL&commentStatus=P#

Also, he’s looking for a good tire for winter, so the ASX is out.

[quote=“JayS,post:37,topic:33357"”]

Was your alignment way off or something, because yeah, you’re the only one I’ve heard of complain about these tires:
http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComments.jsp?additionalComments=y&tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A%2FT+Revo&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&partnum=57SR6ATREVOWL&tirePageLocQty=%26partnum%3D57SR6ATREVOWL&commentStatus=P#

Also, he’s looking for a good tire for winter, so the ASX is out.

[/quote]

nope alignment was dead on, it has more to do with my driving style and the fact I have more power than stock. They really do not hold up to abuse.

He stated he wanted a winter/summer set-up go winterforce for the winter and run the ASX in the summer.

Nice truck James. :tup: Now mount a .50 cal. on it for some “urban four-wheeling” :smiley:

I like that color…

[quote=“66impalass,post:38,topic:33357"”]

He stated he wanted a winter/summer set-up go winterforce for the winter and run the ASX in the summer.

[/quote]

But I’ve met James. I’m pretty sure he’s smart enough to realize the stupidity in having high performance summer tires for a body on frame 4wd SUV. That’s like putting $500 sprinter track sneakers on Rosie O’Donnell.