giggitygiggitygiggitygiggitygiggitygiggity

Tire rack listed Winterforces under “other sizes.” I had them for my Jetta and loved them. OEM tires are 265/70-16. The winterforces they list are 245/75-16. Narrower is better, but is there any reason why I should just get them? They’re not specifically stated as being a truck tire. Does it matter? Is there a difference in sidewall strength I’d have to worry about? They’re $66/tire and everything else is $120+.

[quote=“JayS,post:40,topic:33357"”]

But I’ve met James. I’m pretty sure he’s smart enough to realize the stupidity in having high performance summer tires for a body on frame 4wd SUV. That’s like putting $500 sprinter track sneakers on Rosie O’Donnell.

[/quote]

:lol: You’ve met me, yet you have faith in my lack of stupidity? :rofl:

Yeah if nothing else it’d be a waste to put performance tires on a big old truck. On top of that if I ever get the chance to go wandering around a field or something I don’t want to be stopped by “No sorry I put these performance tires on my truck so I can corner hard enough to tip it over and I’ll get my Xterra stuck in the grass.”

Honestly, before you buy snows come drive my truck the first snow we get this winter. Try it on an unplowed lot, through a snowbank, across a field and back. If you still think you need snows after seeing what a good A/T tire can do, go ahead and spend the money and waste the time swapping them twice a year.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I’ve seen a few all terrain tires that have the snowflake/mountain badge anyhow, so it’s kind of like why bother? I oughta just upgrade them soon and ebay the General cockGrabbers for $100 or something.

Speaking of which, I gotta put my Winterforces up for sale. Anyone want a set of 4 studded winterforce M+S’s with 10k on them?

[quote=“JayS,post:29,topic:33357"”]

Check out the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo’s. I’ve had them over over a year on my truck and they are by far the best tires I’ve ever owned. A coworker put a set on his Bronco after hearing me talk about mine and he’s saying the same thing now. I’ve heard there are better options for mudding, but I don’t go mudding. In the snow and rain, they are amazing, and seem to be wearing very well for how aggresive they are.

[/quote]

have them on my xterra as well. great tire, ive had them since i got which is about 1.5yr’s now, they still have a LOT of life left and theyre awesome in all weather.

[quote=“JayS,post:43,topic:33357"”]

Honestly, before you buy snows come drive my truck the first snow we get this winter. Try it on an unplowed lot, through a snowbank, across a field and back. If you still think you need snows after seeing what a good A/T tire can do, go ahead and spend the money and waste the time swapping them twice a year.

[/quote]

u can do the same in my xterra. its a 2000 5spd. I was the only one on my street to make it out in the october snow storm. put that bitch in 4 low and u can get out of anything.

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:46,topic:33357"”]

u can do the same in my xterra. its a 2000 5spd. I was the only one on my street to make it out in the october snow storm. put that bitch in 4 low and u can get out of anything.

[/quote]

Same thing happened here. Two neighbors with 4wd SUV’s stopped and asked me “What the hell kind of tires do you have on that thing” after they saw me pulling trees out of the road when they couldn’t even get out of their driveway. :slight_smile:

Naw I’ll take your words for it. A good set of all terrain’s on a truck makes perfect sense. Especially when you figure I’d have to either shell out a couple hundred for a second set of wheels or 100+ every year for mounting twice.

Fuckers. They’re $143 each but you’ve sold me on them. We better get a fucker of a snowstorm this winter.

Fuck.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:49,topic:33357"”]

We better get a fucker of a snowstorm this winter.

[/quote]

i am hoping we do. :tup:

and nice score. i love xterras so much and wish i could afford one and be able to justify owning one.

what was your logic to getting it in stick? enthusiast factor? better gas milage? with something like that i think i’d rather have an auto.

EDIT: for the sake of argument, in complete and total honesty, you look less nerdy than i have always pictured.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:49,topic:33357"”]

Fuckers. They’re $143 each but you’ve sold me on them. We better get a fucker of a snowstorm this winter.

Fuck.

[/quote]

Yeah, they’re not cheap but great tires rarely are.

The first snow I got to test my M/Ts in was after the October storm (I was glad I got M/Ts). Dueller A/T Revos are deffinately a good choice, I considered them for my Jeep but they werent aggressive enough for me. Make sure to get the Revos though; I got some regular Dueller A/Ts for my wifes old explorer and they werent that great, atleast not in 2wd.

Nice Xterra :tup:

very nice! cute dogs!!

[quote=“JayS,post:51,topic:33357"”]

Yeah, they’re not cheap but great tires rarely are.

[/quote]

its true best truck tire for the buck