Glass Block Work and Hot Tub Repair Needed.

Hello,

Hopefully someone on the boards can refer me to someone for each seperate task. I have a glass block window in my basement that needs replaced. A few f the blocks have broken and I would like the window taken out for security reasons.

Also, I have a older hot tub that has developed a small leak, and am in need of someone to come out and take a look at it for me. If you know of anyone that does either of these services can you let me know.

Thanks,
Sean

rose glass block in donora did a few for my dad very reasonable if i recall

you can do it yourself it is not too bad if you get the pre fab windows

cleanquik306 on here works at the pool n spa place in bethel park. they do great work PM him if your around anywhere south of pgh.

Sean, I just replaced a Glass Block window in my laundry room. Super easy, you can do it yourself for less than $110. I paid 90 for the window, special order pre-fab from home depot and $10 or $20 for the mortar. It was so easy, I went back the next day and bought two more for the garage, and am just waiting for the time to clear that wall a little and change the windows. There are actually directions on how to at Home Depot right next to where they sell the glass block, as well as on the packaging for the Glass Block pre-fabs. If your window isn’t the same size as the prefab, the special order is still about the same price. I only special ordered mine in order to get the dryer vent built in…

My wife and I had pittsburgh glass block come over last week. They are doing 3 windows for us for like $420. I felt like that is a pretty good deal. That includes a vent in one window and two outlets in another for our laundry and bathroom exhaust tubes.

i do not a pool company or anything, but i do have a valid cpo(certified pool operators license), most health clubs with pools make their mangers get one. anyway, i had a few tubs before, and had to work on them myself. i can take a look at it with you, and if its a task i can handle, we can go get the parts, and fix it then and there. most hot tub leaks are easy fixies. if not, go to b&r pools, they are located on washingon road, in between highland park, and shadyside.

How does one ‘operate’ a pool? :rofl:

Sorry I couldn’t resist. Back to topic at hand.

it is a 2 day class that certifies to operate the pumps, use the chemicals etc. im not saying its brain surgery, but any public pool, or health club pool, etc has to have a person with one of those licenses during their annual health inpsection, or its a real big fine. its the equal to a foodservice manger taking a ffod certification test