GM bankrupt!!???

ugh, fucking credit default swaps. Insurance without any of the regulation/due process required of insurance. They are why we can’t have nice things.

GM in Intense Preparations for Bankruptcy

A plan to split the corporation into a “new” company made up of the most successful units, and an “old” one of its less-profitable units, is gaining momentum and is seen as the most sensible configuration, said another source familiar with the talks.

GM will be:

Chevy: Pickups and eco cars

Cadillac: Luxo cars.

That’s it.

You don’t think they’ll keep Pontiac around for sportier cars, like the G8 line, Solstice, etc.?

Pontiac isn’t going anywhere. G8, solstice, and vibe will be around at a minimum.
Not to mention Buick as a bridge between caddy and chevy for middle-class old people and China.

wait, you said pontiac = sporty?

lolz.
:ohnoes:

I laugh when I worked at toyota, and someone would come in with a 1 year old grand am, they would try to trade it in, they would owe like $24k and we would offer like $8k

A Grand Am isn’t a good example. I’m talking about the G8 GT, G8 GXP, Solstice, etc. Yes, they’re the sportiest cars they have outside of the Cadillac CTS-V Corvette, and Camaro.

That’s all good, since Pontiac hasn’t made a Grand Am since 2003…

gm did this to them selves, who really need a tank for a car example the hummer. GM never prepared for the hike with gas prices and never thought to downsize before this happened. and the price they pay out for health care as a whole in the company is obsurd. it cost almost 1500 a car to cover health care.and while all the corprate people keep getting richer the people on the assembly line are getting screwed. i dont see how people have the need to drive the huge trucks and armered trucks that should stay only in the military

:bloated:
PEOPLE BOUGHT A TON OF HUMMERS. THEY HAD A HUGE PROFIT MARGIN. HUMMER WAS NOT THEIR PROBLEM.

well they dont seem to be selling anymore !!!

i had a gmc before and it was always breaking. i will never buy another american car again. i will stick to my jap cars better gas milage and hold there resale

we don’t care. I ate fish once and got a stomachache. I’m never eating fish again.

You must not travel South or West often. People in Tonawanda don’t buy Hummers, the car at least.

Inb4thedomestichatersgetahardonandbashcarstheyhaveneverdrivenorowned

Inb4theonlycars2buyRmadeWestofPacificCoastHighway…

ummmmm…is this true, did i repost it on this thread and its somewhere else?

http://www.borowitzreport.com/article.aspx?ID=7011

Obama Opens Chevy Dealership on White House Lawn

edit: i did not read the whole entire thing, so if im missing something or a joke out of this, thats why i asked.

you can’t be serious.

yeah, sorry i just read that.

edit: as soon as i saw who was selling the cars and the situation i realized what was going on.

OH YAMMY!

Here it is:

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid={2389E5CF-6358-4457-8CAB-D80AA5C3CF41}&siteid=yhoof2

General Motors Corp.will not make a $1 billion debt payment due June 1, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday on its Web site, citing the auto maker’s chief financial officer Ray Young.

Waiting for news trucks downstairs.