GM Employee Discount for everyone

GM confirms employee discounts in incentive plan
Jamie LaReau

DETROIT – General Motors says it will offer employee discounts to everyone starting Wednesday, Aug. 20. The sale will apply to all of GM’s eight brands.
“We are going to have an employee-discount-for-everyone program,” GM spokesman John McDonald confirmed today. “We are going to issue a press release tomorrow morning with the details.”
In a memo to Buick-Pontiac-GMC dealers, GM said the sale would run Aug. 20 through Sept. 2. For the B-P-G channel, the employee pricing would apply to all 2008 models and the 2009 Pontiac Vibe. Customers could get up to $6,000 cash plus the employee discount.
The memo says 91 percent of B-P-G inventory is eligible for the sale.
All 2008 Chevrolet models also would be eligible for the discount, a dealer said. The discount would apply to 90 percent of Chevrolet inventory.
GM says the sale will apply to all eight brands. Today the automaker was briefing U.S. dealers on incentives ahead of an announcement of the new sales program,

Automotive News

Incase someone was planning on buying something today or tomorrow, wait

What kind of discount does GM employee gets? How much off invoice for a pontiac vibe, saab, cadillac cts etc?

Approx 17% off on average

Do you have to haggle with the dealership? Anyone happen to have pricing sheet?

:lol:

Could be a good deal for someone.

Not even close… but I still like you D.:smiley:

look at the gmbuypower.com website for prices, no haggling necesary

WAY TO BREAK THE NEWS RON…

I always thought it averaged out to about 17%.Is that only on fully loaded vehicles.

I don’t post it till automotive news or someone else is posting it

I sent you an e-mail earlier today

on the high end stuff you are correct but it’s not a fixed percentage, it actually varies quite alot. More expensive the MSRP, higher the percentage.

i’m just bustin your chops, I’ve been telling everyone I know in secret…

Did you send it to work or to home?

i had absolutely no interest in this at all, until i checked some of the pricing:

2009 Cobalt SS Turbocharged
MSRP: $22435.00
Employee: $14544.15

Wow, that makes that car extremely desirable now in my book.

Where did you get that # from? 35% off of a cobalt?Not saying it isn’t true,just never seen an SS that low.I’m still saying it isn’t true.

Where did you find that?

I just found the link on the page, wow, that has to be an error.

I bet the dealerships get pounded due to that.

LOL that’s what it says but an 08 is $20,746.
$14,544 is for a base option cobalt ls.Knew there was no way that could be right

Here is a good deal on the TBSS

2008 Chevrolet TrailBlazer SS 4WD
(Select a different vehicle)
MSRP:

$35,035.00
Employee Price:

$31,927.45
Total Cash Back:

$6,000.00
Your Price:

$25,927.45*

Finance on your own and that is a pretty darn good price!

i don’t even see 09 ss models available anywhere, that’s probably why they printed it.

decent deal on an 09 vibe gt with similar discount, it’s msrp is around 20, discount is like 14.5.

can these deals be combined with any other offers, like a financing offer?

Vibe GT is like the best deal they have in there. Errr…32k for a Cadillac CTS I think i’ll pass.