GM files for bankruptcy ,following chrysler

32 days ago Chrysler filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy, today gm did the same.:haha

full story

http://money.aol.com/article/autos/gm-files-for-bankruptcy-protection/505594

maybe they should stop selling this ugly shit

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/crossovers/autoweek-bypass-embargo-the-2008-buick-enclave/6353310+w600+cr1+re0+ar1/the-2008-buick-enclave-rear-view.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2294/2252642219_d3e05211b7.jpg?v=0

They should have done this from the beginning…

trust me looks has nothing to do with it. Scion Xbs, and Xas are ugly, they sold a ton of them. Prius is ugly, nissan versa is ugly, they still sell. Looks is the least of their worries. But damn, those things are ugly lol

Fuck GM and fuck Chrysler. They did this to themselves. Let them deal with it themselves without government involvement.

What I dont understand is how a company lets itself get billions of dollars in debt.
If you owned a business that was even losing thousands wouldnt you close up shop? I know I would.

they seem to think otherwise…

Which is why theyre in this situation now

I also agree this should have happened a long time ago. They should not have had a bailout and the government should not even be involved with this. Now the fed has a 62% share in GM. The largest industrial corporation EVER to file Chapter 11.

as much as I hate ford they started cutting back on there “performance” department years ago I.E. “SVO” is no longer! anticipating a “shift” in the market so GM and Chrysler are just stupid in my opinion and yes they should of never got the bail out money…

I just feel terrible for the people who have lost their incomes. Its a sad story. Even worse the seniors who have retired from there, now won’t be recieving any pension checks. There the ones who really lose out in all of this. At least younger people that are able to work can get another job. I don’t know what people, who don’t have that ability are going to do?

Well when your making $60K+ working on an assembly line you have to question “Is this too good to be true?”

the svt team is still there ,ya think the gt500 and other cars are shelby inspired

I dont think the performance cars hurt the manufacturers. Theyre limited production models and not something dealers are sitting on a ton of.

Theyre not really one of the mistakes being made. Theres actually waiting lists for most high performance models and dealers are marking them up $30k over sticker and still selling them.

in a huge way the perf market does ,look at all the concept cars that will never see the light of day …one of the biggest downfalls is the fuckin uniouns they have some nosenocker gets 80 grand to install dipsticks all day come on my 4 yr old can do that

Looking thru Motor Trend most of the concepts look like kitchen appliances

look at chrysler wit the tomahawk and other dumb shit ,gm wit all there every car line has a clone crap no need for it

72.5 % stake on GM is the gov’t, 17.5% UAW, and 10% bondholders. if GM fails to recoup it will fall back on tax payers… i cant wait to repay the bailout loans GM got… idiots.

tell me about it ,gettin parts for the newer gm,s is bad .gettin parts for the newer chryslers is downright painfull seein as chrysler didnt pay any of there parts dist most of the parts are on a national backorder

GM has a whole line of clones and its called GMC.

Seriously why make a Chevy and a GMC? Makes no sense.

As much as I dont want to pay for that Id rather pay that than pay some worthless porch monkey to sit around drinking 40’s and smoking crack and knocking up hoes all day with my taxes like Im doing now.

well, that happens too with our tax money. oh well. off to the gym, no time to whine.