GM investor suggests alliance with nissan and renault

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.asp?feed=OBR&Date=20060630&ID=5837549

DETROIT (Reuters) - Billionaire investor Kirk Kerkorian urged General Motors Corp. on Friday to consider a three-way partnership with Nissan Motor Corp. and Renault SA , sending GM shares sharply higher on prospects of a speedier turnaround

you know that would be excellent for them. GM has already been doing some really good things with their product lines. an alliance with those two companies would be terrific.

gm used to be my least favorite american can manufacturer, but they really have been paying attention to the market and adapting accordingly.

ford needs to follow the lead of dodge and gm, those poor bastards seem really out of touch with new trends.

[sarcasm]what are you talking about? those new dodge chargers and magnums are the hottness[/sarcasm]

have you ever rode in a new charger ??? it pulls like a fuckin freight train to a 160mph in stock trim! they are hottness

nahh. ill pass, those car do absolutely nothing for me and a HEMI does even less.

:slight_smile:

LOL we had a “rental” provided to us by audi when we had it in the shop (on their dime)…05 Chevy Malibu…:ugh: thing pulled like the trunk was full of bricks :ugh:

GM needs to get Pontiac back to the performance division (there’s talk of all rear drive, dumping G6 & Vibe, a replacement rear drive for Grand Prix), make Buick the “luxury” division, GMC trucks & SUVs. Sure you still need to share some platforms but not have the same car with different sheetmetal! Need to do some consolidation, work on quality, and keep the bean counters in check. The engineers have the skill, but you can only do so much when your hands are tied by management. Legacy financial issues, well… that’s a tough one.

yeah pontiac needs to build thier own performance cars and needs to not call a foreign car a GTO, bad decision.

I don’t understand how GM financial (loans etc) can be making SO much money, and let the automotive part go down the tubes. :dunno: doesn’t make sense to me…