GMAC announces rate incentive program on select GM certified used vehicles

GM Certified Used Vehicles announced a nationwide GMAC rate incentive program on select GM Certified Used Vehicles, including Chevrolet Cobalt, HHR, Tahoe, Suburban and Silverado; Pontiac G6; and GMC Sierra, Yukon and Yukon XL models.

The new rate incentive offer, effective April 1 through June 30, provides well-qualified GM Certified Used Vehicles buyers with 2.9 percent APR financing for terms up to 48 months or 3.9 percent APR financing for terms up to 60 months from GMAC Financial Services on 2003-2008 models of Chevrolet Cobalt, HHR, Tahoe, Suburban and Silverado, Pontiac G6, and GMC Sierra, Yukon and Yukon XL vehicles purchased from participating GM Certified Used Vehicles dealers.

Or well-qualified customers can receive GMAC 4.9 percent APR financing for terms up to 60 months on 2003-2008 models of Chevrolet Impala, Malibu and Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Pontiac Grand Prix and Buick Lacrosse vehicles at participating GM Certified Used Vehicles dealers.

“Shoppers can now take advantage of attractive, new vehicle-like finance rates on a wide range of popular models,” said Paul Pejza, manager, GM Certified Used Vehicles. “GM Certified customers now can receive great value, as well as the peace of mind assurances that come with purchasing a high-quality, low-mileage, fully inspected and reconditioned used car or truck backed by the dealer and General Motors.”

I like the idea, maybe there will be a used 2008 Malibu for me to pick up this summer.

At first I was thinking those rates didn’t seem that great but I overlooked the part that this is on used vehicles.

:tup:

wow, great idea. A lot of the time relatively new used cars are actually just as expensive as new ones by the time you get the financing, I bet this sells a lot of them. Especially coupled with the 100k mile powertrain warranty.

All certified cars come with a 3/3 bumper to bumper, unless it is still under factory then it adds 3/3 to the manufactures warranty (ie. 39/39) and has a 5/100 powertrain.

Too bad GM has nothing to compete with the Edge/Murano because that’s the type of vehicle I’m looking for next.

They need a smaller, cheaper acadia/enclave/saturn thing. Those are gorgeous trucks, but bigger than a lot of people need. If they had one that was the size of an equinox with all of the quality of the bigger ones, they could clean up

I had an Acadia last time my car was in the shop and you are correct when saying it is much larger than what most people need. Nice truck and I was suprised with the acceleration (was was expecting very little from a V6 in a big truck.)

Yeah, it’s huge. Pretty much the same as my Expedition that I want to downsize when I replace it. The Acadia moves well for a V6 because it’s a big ass V6. MPG is awful though.

I’m really surprised GM hasn’t put out a trailblazer sized crossover. I guess they figure the Equinox is close enough but really can’t compete with he Edge/Murano/CX-7. Mazda needs to drop a V6 in the CX-7 instead of that stupid turbo 4 and bump the tow rating up to 3500. The fact that the much larger CX-9 with the big 6 gets almost identical MPG as the turbo 4 in th CX-7 tells me that motor was a stupid choice.

What GM needs to do is put that V8 dual mode hybrid into the crossovers and get high 20’s all day.
I’m pretty sure Trailblazer is slated to be killed in a year or so, but Chevy is getting the big crossover as well.

I love the Mazda SUVs and suggest them to a lot of people, but haven’t driven one to notice the power issues.

^ Mazda is out for me because I don’t want something as big as the CX-9 and that stupid turbo 4 in the CX-7 is only rated to tow something like 1500 or 2000 lbs. I need at least 3500.

Completely agree, although I don’t need towing capacity.

Looking at an RDX for the wifes next car… And I’m pretty strongly against the Equinox (which isn’t even included in this).

:tup: otherwise, smart move.

tell torqedss to find me a z51 c6.

and make this deal work for that car of coarse, not sure how that will be accomplished.

no problem, It’s not like thats totally impossible or anything…

EDIT: thanks Ron, I was going to post this in the advertiser’s section but it looks like you beat me to it!!

i will talk to you when i am ready to part with the 2 toy cars i have now, paddock have a 05 yellow z51 but i don’t like paddock.

Maybe a better deal can be had towards fall anyways.

edit: HAHA I missed the sarcasm

FUCK!!

2.9% can’t be done even with a REALLY big downpayment?

Yeah I just think that it is interesting that Chrysler continues to push 0% and GM is now incentizing used. Maybe increasing used car values?

I did see Chevy has 2.9% on a new C4500 Kodiak. Maybe its time for a real truck. These seem to be on the road everywhere here.

http://www.gtleasing.com/Kodiak%204x4%20concept.jpg

this is a topkick but pretty much the same truck with some mods.

http://www.madness-us-cars.com/actualite-vehicules-americains/transformers-gmc-topkick-autobot-ironhide.jpg

the bank won’t go that low, only if its an incentive rate from GMAC will that happen and they won’t do that on the Vette, thats why I was being sarcastic

I know, I’m usually perceptive, but i read it fast without tone.

If they could do 0% on left over 07s why not 2.9% on say a 05?

just hypothetical