Going 2 sizes smaller on the SRT, thoughts?

I have 17 x 7 wheels on my car right now (17 x 6 come stock). Stock wheel weighs 21 lbs, mine are no lighter. I am looking at some Rota Slipstreams for the spring, for weight and a better size. I found some 15 x 7 wheels for 15 lbs each. This would allow me to run a 225/45/15 or 225/50/15 drag radial up front, and then something like a falken ziex in the rear. The wheels fit, but its quite a bit smaller than stock, so it may look funny. Here is the only picture I have found so far:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/eklipzgsxkid/S5001021.jpg

I especially think the second photo looks pretty mean, with that much sidewall on there. Keep in mind my car is very low.

What do you think? I could get a 16 x 7 or a 16 x 8, but its just extra weight I don’t really need.

–mark

i like it. i agree on it looking mean.

go with teh 15’s :slight_smile:

If you are really concerned about weight then go with the 15 inch rotas. If you don;t mind a little extra weight the go with the 16’s. 16’s look hott on the srt.

I think it looks great. If you are only going 225 then yea 15x7 for sure.

Looks good in the front.I don’t like how it tucking up front and not in the rear

Well, thats just that guys suspension, mine doesn’t have to do that :stuck_out_tongue: I have fully adjustable coil overs, so I can just lower it more in the rear, and if not, add more tire.

then i approve lol.

i love the slips i went smaller as well, wider too.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/viggenman/morosoFLstatechampionships002.jpg

Did you go wider than 7"? I have to decide on 7 or 8". I suppose I have plenty of time until I need to get the wheels, but I want to make sure I do the right decision. I’m going to be running a slick at the track, so the wheel won’t be for cutting 1.7’s, it will just be for getting good traction on the street, with the use of some drag radials.

With my gear dependent boost, I should be fine with a 7" wheel…

Rota…:roll2:

Your no longer a subaru owner, stop thinking like one…

15’s on an SRT4 look hot.

def look good with the 15’s and a high powered FWD car could use all the wheel it can get

:uhh:

15’s look stupid(especially in person) for anything besides drag wheels with slicks mounted on an SRT-4.

If anything I would say go with a less ugly, lighter, wider 17 inch wheel if possible.

Example these Rota’s look better

I know the Enkei RPF’s fit your car too and come in different colors.

http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/enkei_racing/swap/enkei_rpf1_s_ci3_l.jpg

the second pic looks mean, agree’d for some reason all that sidewall dosent look bad on that car.

I am not going with a 17" wheel. The largest I would consider is 16", but 15’s have such a larger tire selection.

wat…

17’s tire selection > 15’s or 16’s

I don’t road race, I’m talking ET Sreets and BFG DRs.

i would say 16’s… but then again the seccond pic. looks hot

if you really cared about weight so much why no go a true forged wheel not some shitty cast?

I know right, might as well gut the interior too…