Time to downsize my brakes

Going from a 15" front BBK to a 14" i got a guy on the m3 forum to trade so i can run 18" wheels and use the hoosiers i just got (4 nearly new R6’s for 200)

This is inside a 19" wheel…
http://www.viper966.com/m3/wheels8s.jpg

:tup:

what do those rotors weigh?

not much… aluminum hat…

oh, so thats why you always run 19’s

yea… 1 mm clearance… i wish i could run 17’s 18’s will be fine though, the grand am cup hoosers are my tire size and the used ones are flooding the market right now

Good move.

i cant imagine the drop the lip and 19s working real good in winter

they actually do… and im still rocking 19’s in the winter

wheel diameter has no bearing on the car hadnling in the winter, the front suspension is at its highest setting, and the lip will be off this weekend

damn 1mm clearance lol. lookin good :tup:

it does when ur running a very low profile tire which makes a really stiff sidewall which is not good for snow. i dont see u going far in deep snow

Please explain how cornering stiffness is going to effect traction over different surfaces, and why a lower cornering stiffness is preferred for low mu (traction surfaces such as snow, ice, mud, ect…)

Assuming that he is running the same tire front and rear Cf!=Cr will be a moot point.

CF and Cr are pretty much a non issue when compared to more important things such as allowing the tread button (tire) to rotate. Since it is the only way Fy can be generated for any tire in any condition period. It doesn’t matter if it is a full race slick on a dry track or a all season bouncing through mud puddles, if it is not rotating it can not create Fy (max).

^^ lol

so you bought tires for your car that dont fit your car?

:picard:

HA-HA, truth hurts.

what truth… what dont you understand…

they fit my car, only if i drop down to a 14" front rotor… which makes sense, as nobody NEEDS a 15" front rotor, especially if im just doing trackdays etc. so i saved myself 1000 bux on a set of tires by diong it this way… i knew what i was doing

baller on a budget. so instead of spending $$ on tires your going to spend $$ on everything else.

your an idiot, you have no idea what your talking about, so please just move on

Why don’t you just buy a winter car?