Time to downsize my brakes

[quote=“Viper966,post:19,topic:38692"”]

your an idiot

[/quote]

:picard:

[quote=“Viper966,post:19,topic:38692"”]

your an idiot, you have no idea what your talking about, so please just move on

[/quote]

I am NOT an Id10t, i just call them like i see them.

Fact:
You bought tires that do not fit your car
Fact:
You bought tires that do not fit your current rims (unless you have other rims that you haven’t disclosed)
Fact:
You will have to buy different rims (unless you have a set that you have already bought)
Fact:
You prance around here like you have a mangina

i am not going to off topic. i just stated a fact. you bought tires that do not currently fit your car… right?

[quote=“ultradriver10000,post:20,topic:38692"”]

Why don’t you just buy a winter car?

[/quote]

dont want to, its just a 3 series with more HP and a LSD

[quote=“Anonymity,post:22,topic:38692"”]

Fact:
Fact:
You bought tires that do not fit your current rims (unless you have other rims that you haven’t disclosed)
Fact:
You will have to buy different rims (unless you have a set that you have already bought)
Fact:

i am not going to off topic. i just stated a fact. you bought tires that do not currently fit your car… right?

[/quote]

I bought stuff to prep my car for track days etc. I do not want to go through the hassle of finding/buying 19" R Comp tires for my car. It makes no sense not downsize to 18’s for the track.

The brake swap is free, somebody is driving up to buffalo to give me his stoptech 14" kit to trade for my 15" so i can run 18’s

i havnt bought 18" wheels yet, i have all winter to prowl the forums looking for a beat up set of stockers or aftermarket wheels i can get for cheap, or just get a set of replicas on ebay for less then 500 shipped.

This thread makes my head hurt.

Good Job Bryan…smartest thing you could do IMO. 19’s are ridiculous to find quality cost effective tires.

18’s are so much easier to find and generally a variety of sizes too.

[quote=“2TurboZ,post:25,topic:38692"”]

This thread makes my head hurt.

Good Job Bryan…smartest thing you could do IMO. 19’s are ridiculous to find quality cost effective tires.

18’s are so much easier to find and generally a variety of sizes too.

[/quote]

im still running 19’s for the street, but 18s for the track FTW

Thats more what I was implying…u will not burn through 19s on the street as fast as dedicated track tires.

I know its just a 3 series, but a 3 series is by no means good in the snow. Why not spend some of that money on a subie or a jeep or something? If one must be baller buy a awd 3 series :slight_smile:

[quote=“ultradriver10000,post:28,topic:38692"”]

I know its just a 3 series, but a 3 series is by no means good in the snow. Why not spend some of that money on a subie or a jeep or something? If one must be baller buy a awd 3 series :slight_smile:

[/quote]

its actually great in teh snow with snow tires, teh DSC really keeps things under control and going straight, just because its RWD doesnt mean anything, i can always use my gf’s fx35AWD if the conditions get tooo bad but i ran it in the winter last year and i was impressed

[quote=“Anonymity,post:22,topic:38692"”]

Fact:
Fact:
Fact:
Fact:

[/quote]

:picard:

[quote=“ultradriver10000,post:28,topic:38692"”]

but a 3 series is by no means good in the snow.

[/quote]

:bloated:

no reason a RWD car with a limited slip can’t be great in the snow with the right tires… shit, many 4x4, AWD cars/trucks don’t even had a rear LSD.

my pickup is 4wd, and i used the front gearset ONCE last winter… to drive over a bunch of downed tree limbs in Amherst.

[quote=“theblue,post:32,topic:38692"”]

no reason a RWD car with a limited slip can’t be great in the snow with the right tires… shit, many 4x4, AWD cars/trucks don’t even had a rear LSD.

[/quote]

my tracker doesnt have a rear lsd and its annoying… not that i get stuck or anything. i only hang up if i plunge into 2ft of wet snow but its real hard to hang the rear end out without a lsd in 2wd without spinning with that short wheelbase. in 4wd you can do some real nice controlled low speed stuff. lol

a car is obviously going to have its limitations if the going gets too tough but if you stick to roads as opposed to yards and seasonal roads, itll be fine :slight_smile: hehe

Brian

[quote=“Nikuk,post:31,topic:38692"”]

:bloated:

[/quote]

Yes, you guys are right, there is no reason to every buy any car to replace the usage of a low rwd car for winter. I should put snows on my vette and drive it year round. Excellent.

To help clear things up, when I say snow I mean 6 inches or more. Driving threw Eden/Springville/Holland pretty often all winter makes me want a 4x4.

I have driven 2wd S-10’s in the past and even those with good snows and lsd where decent. The problem is that wet deep snow, you just get dug in.

I’m looking at it like this. Your buying another set of rims and tires at 18 inches. What is that going to cost you 500-800 bucks? It is possible to get a good winter truck in the range of $2500 bucks. Then if you ever need to move anything, or need a work vehicle you have one.

Oh and my girlfriend drives a crown vic all year, so I’m pretty positive any pussy can drive rwd threw the snow :slight_smile:

This thread has had some amazingly dumb comments in it wtf are some of you thinking when you say the things you say holy shit. Good call on driving it in the winter as I am sure it will be fine. Also good call on going to an 18in setup for track days as it makes perfect sense to do so. An m3 will be fine in the snow and there is no reason to go drive around in some beater all winter long.

[quote=“ultradriver10000,post:35,topic:38692"”]

To help clear things up, when I say snow I mean 6 inches or more. Driving threw Eden/Springville/Holland pretty often all winter makes me want a 4x4.

[/quote]

okay, but:

[quote=“ultradriver10000,post:35,topic:38692"”]

Oh and my girlfriend drives a crown vic all year, so I’m pretty positive any pussy can drive rwd threw the snow :slight_smile:

[/quote]

again, :bloated:

He lives in north buffalo, not the fucking southtowns. We have plows in this area.
his gf has a 4x4 that’ll handle 6"s just fine.

You need to learn to comprehend what you read olddriver1000000. :slight_smile:

M3’s in the snow = the hotness.

Brian we will have to take a snow photoshoot for all the haters, black m3’s in the winter ftw.

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:38,topic:38692"”]

M3’s in the snow = the hotness.

[/quote]

that may be true but M3’s in the salt = slowly ruining a nice car.

Brian

seriously people, its a fucking car, its not appreciating investment like F40/F50/F60. You can drive it, they drove high-power rear wheel drive cars through the 50’s 60’s and 70’s, drive the car have fun, with DSC and snows it is fine