Going 2 sizes smaller on the SRT, thoughts?

they say 100lbs is a tenth of a second so twenty pounds would b a quarter of a tenth. do they not make drag slicks for 17? im sure hoosier a3s03 go up to 18"

I think that is for weight of the car and not for rotational mass.

100lbs of dead weight for a tenth is the rule of thumb. Rotating mass is huge, and sidewall is good for traction. I will have slicks at the track, already said that in another post, but I want to get a good sticky rubber for the street too.

I found a set of 16 x 7 slips for $150 out in cali, so I am talking to that guy now. As much as I would prefer the 15" version, for that price, I will take the 16s. I can still get a nice meaty sidewall on a DR, and have it be within a pound or so. If that deal falls though, new 15’s it is.

Thanks for everyone who gave your opinion, I am glad to see that 90% of you like the idea of the smallest sized wheel that will clear my brakes. :slight_smile: To the rest of you, sorry I can’t make everyone happy, heh.

–mark

I was just going to say this and the fact that the added sidewall from a 15in tire will help the car hook a ton. I know my car is much different but on 18in dr’s i cut 1.9 60 ft’s and on 15in. i cut 1.56 60 ft’s.

y fifteens when you can get 18x9.5 and only weigh in at 17lbs

i.e volk LE28N
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/dftsilvia/volkle28nom8.jpg

Are you serious? Why would I want a larger wheel? Larger wheel = smaller tire = less sidewall = less traction. And… its still heavier. Its a nice wheel, and its cool that you can get an 18" wheel that weighs 17 pounds, but thats for a totally different purpose of car than mine. I am just looking for traction here, with the added benefit that Rota’s tend to look pretty good.

Slasky, I’d love to try on a wheel or two and see how it looks on my car. I’ll call you this weekend maybe.

–mark

It would be a fifth of a tenth…

<3

thanks for the correct math:wiggle:

I will be out of town until Sunday morning. So anytime after that would be OK.

Ok well thats not to bad 3 wheels out of what a few thousand that have been sold doesnt seem to bad. Im sure there was some form of abuse going on not just driving down the street and rim shatters like glass. Expensive wheels break too not as often but thats only because they arnt so many of them on the streets and also dumb kids that do stupid things cant afford to run them.

uhm that was me posting the first three google results

and higher quality wheels do break, they just do not break at attachment points between the hub and the rim. Again its not that if they do or do not break it is how they break. I honestly think that they are about 10x more BBS wheels running around than Rotas.

I went with 225/50-15’s and drag dr17’s(name of the wheel) in a 15x7. It’s an inch shorter than 205/50-17s. I wanted rota attacks in gold but i got these brand new with new falken 912’s for just a little more than the rotas alone.

15’s all the way, anyone saying go bigger isn’t that into performance and probably drives the car they drive as a status thing.

I mean we both drive neons here, it’s purely about the performance.

I think it looks awesome even on my stock ride height(tein S’s are in the trunk), if you want to try my wheels you are more than welcome.

As well discounttiredirect.com just picked up 225/50-15 bfg dr’s for 120 apiece shipped and if your running seperate wheels for the slicks 7ins wide is all you need for the streets.

Awesome, if I am in buffalo with the car, I will look you up, so I can try on your 15’s.

:picard:

what is the purpose of his car: to go fast in a straight line.

Why would he go any bigger than 15’s

paying more for 17 or 18 inch tires that don’t get nearly as good of traction is a sweet idea.

no, no, no you see it isnt about what makes us happy, its about what you want… if you want to paint your car pink, put a huge fuckin wing on it, but still cut high 11’s who gives a fuck… in reality what you are doing is smart, who cares about looks… i drive 2 cars for this reason, 1 for the day and 1 for play…

Holy shit all this because HE wants to save weight WHILE gaining traction. Go with the 15’s Mark. You’ll need the sidewall for sure. Did everyone miss the point of traction except for a few people? He instantly says no 17’s and 5 people chime in with get 17’s.

I swear this forum doesn’t comprehend anything they read.

Mark just ordered some wheels based on the suggestions of that little drift kid retard.

http://www.wheelsforless.com/images/moto/mt700b.jpg

Slow but stylish. Awwww yeah. 20’s or bust! :roll: