Going to Italy

I am going to Italy in October and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on places to go if you’ve been there. We are going to Bologna(pretty close to Modena) Oct. 7th, Venice Oct. 8th, Florence Oct. 9th, Maybe Pisa on Oct. 10th, and Oct. 11, 12, and 13th we will be in Baricella for a wedding.

gotta goto Venice, and go see the pope :slight_smile:

i went to Sicily but that doesn’t seem on your agenda.

Lucky bastard. Thats the only country I would like to see. Take alot of pictures.

[quote=“BuickGN,post:2,topic:35151"”]

gotta goto Venice, and go see the pope :slight_smile:

[/quote]

try to jump on his car like the last guy did on TV when he drives by.

I am so jealous tho. I cant wait to go to Italy next summer.

I was there in January for 2 weeks…and I dont even know where to tell you to begin…

seriously… you cannot skip out on Rome… even if you arent a big history person… it is still amazing to see the Coloseum, the Roman Forum, of course the Vatican, and all the little bits of history in between… if stopping in Rome though… be VERY careful of pickpocketers…

we went to Florence next…and that was awesome… ran into plenty of Americans studying abroad… make sure to do Pisa as its not far from Florence, and it would be a shame to go to Italy and not see the leaning tower.

Venice is a must see as well… obviously as it is one of a kind… and they say that in the future it may not be around due to everything going on with climate, raising sea levels etc… deff check it out… and while you are there be sure to see St. Mark’s sqaure… it is always featured in movies such as the Italian Job… and its another must see!

We also headed down the coast to Sorrento, the Amalfi Coast and the Island of Capri, for the sunnier, warm, superstar filled “hollywood” part of Italy… many stars have homes in Capri and visit Capri… it is absolutely beautiful…

We stopped in plenty other areas… San Gimignano, Siena, Assisi, Verona (to see the homes of Romeo and Juliet)… and there is still plenty beyond that…

have lots of fun… but seriously… dont skip Rome :slight_smile:

I’ll try to post some pics soon :slight_smile:

[quote=“Darksyde,post:3,topic:35151"”]

Lucky bastard. Thats the only country I would like to see. Take alot of pictures.

[/quote]

x2…

waiting for eviljay, he lived in milan for 2 years…

florence is beautiful and easy to get around. you’ll love it. just wander around theres a huge open air market place that is really cool. just becareful like everyone says…loads of pickpockets.