Gone to the AWD side...

Well I have finally found a car, and I am getting it on monday if all goes well, I was very into the RX-8 and after a while i realized how dumb that would be in edmonton, cause then i’d have to have a shitty winter truck etc etc. though they are nice cars.
So i have landed a 2004 WRX with a few goodies, the car has dynoed at 250’awhp’ which is pretty sexy. I will get the dyno charts when i get the car.
few of the gooodies i can remeber
-VF34 turbo ( wee bit bigger than STi turbo)
-jap STi intercooler
-STi uppipe
-STi injectors
-4" downpipe
-3" exhaust
-full cobb front brakes, lines pads etc etc
-pro tuned to perfection (hopefully haha)
-sti short shifter

and that is all i can rember except i know there is more. But yah this thing fly’s its a hell of a lot faster than the spec (RIP) haha. but when i get it i will put some pics up for any subaru fans and some dyno sheets.

BUT thanks NECC its been great

:cry Congrats man… We will mis you.

i really love with the soulful sound of a turbo flat 4. :thumb you picked a great car, you will never want to back to fwd after that car.

Ooooooooo another one turning to the AWD side…mwahahahahahahaha

heh heh well i will still be around necc i must say i dont really like any other forums all that much, anyone know any good subaru ones that are local or closeish? but i am goign to try and get out for the next meet hopefully for one last horrah.

yah the sounds unreal heh heh so so sexy i know the awd is unreal, and in the winter to its gunna be excellent, and im not gunna lower it haha, not now that i am goign to be living in fort mcmurray half the time haha

umm holycrap this car is so much fun!!! its not even funny! and every time i talk to the guy i bought it from i find out a new mod he forgot to tell me haha.
also has new flywheel,clutch, sway bars, recirculating bov

but here are some crappy pics i’ll get some better ones but it really doesn’t look much diffrent from a reguar wrx now, but it def doesnt’ drive like one.
mines the silver one not the sti

what u think?

I don’t like things faster than me…

i think it looks really good man. with all the badges removed it looks good.
have fun working on that engine, wow it is cramped!

congrats.

are just a few more pics.

haha yah i hate when things are faster than me to, thats why i bought this at least so i can make those srtfags feel like idiots.

yah the engine is a bitch to work on so i’ve heard, but im not goign to do much in there for a while, cause ever mod needs a new protune

Looks real good I like the wheels. A few guys I know are subie guys I will see what site they go too and let you know.

http://www.albertasubaruclub.com/forum/

These guys were helpful when I was looking for STi tires

I might buy a WRX once I can get my Spec V back to relatively stock.

i would def reccomend it! this car kicks ass, no regrets!

I have heard they have tranny issues tho? Read it from the NASIOC (something like that) website. That they are prone to clutch shudder and ultimately gear shearing (sounds like 2nd and 3rd are the most common culprit). Have you heard anything about this?

yup i sure have heard of it, the transmissions from the 02 03 and shitty, then 04-5 are pretty good, btu when you get up to the power that say, my car has at the moment, it can be an issue if you just dump the clutch, which is NOT the thing do to on these awd cars. 06 transmission is perfect, they fixed the flaws. more info on www.nasioc.com