Good air filter dryer setup for compressor??

Yea, I definitely need to upgrade my air/water filter and put a dryer on my compressor. Any recommendations for a decent setup?

go to ingersoll rand,s website there shit is awsome and relativly cheap and user friendly

+1 IR makes a good air/water separator that can also oil simultaneously. Little bit more money than the cheap HF pieces you can buy online, but much better suited for continuous use.

One of the most important things about a dryer system is for LIQUID water to be present. One of the biggest improvements to your dryer system would just be to install a 25 or 50 foot coil of hose between your compressor and the dryer itself. This will allow the air to cool and for the water to condense from steam.

does it have to be hose? i ask this because i want to hardline the air around the shop with outlets on the walls to hook hoses too.

can’t seem to find anything at IR for under a grand.

You could use copper tubing and coil that :lol If your gonna do that though, you might as well make a still!

I would imagine you would like to keep rust out of your hard pipes.

Compressor > inter-cooler > dryer > pipes.

I don’t like oil systems because they oil everything! Then your hoses are all coated with oil, and you can never shoot clean dry air from the gun. I like the oilers that go right before the tool, so that you can deploy them as needed.

I say hose because it is relatively cheap, flexible and easy to connect to. Any long length of tubing will work, copper being better due to its smooth bore, high cross sectional area to diameter, and high thermal conductivity. Make sure your copper tube is rated for the pressure!

You should have enough left over for your own still too.

i was gonna do pvc d00d.

Yeah it would suck if you wanted to shoot some paint or glue and had oil all in your hard lines.