Good Pc's/ Laptop's ??

Get a dell with a 3 year warranty and at home service. When it breaks, chat up the indians and theyll have replacements and a tech at your house the next morning.

so true…I work at a place that every single person hates Macs…Im a mac user…it sucks… GO APPLE!

I suggest Dell,maybe I’ve got a horseshoe in my ass but I’ve probably owned 20+ used dell laptops/desktops and I’ve never had serious problems with any of them and its all be older P3/P4 stuff.

I also know a few people still running early P4 Dell Desktops that use RDRAM,those are 6-7 year old sysytems.

Im looking at dells, and a couple others. Right now im using my sisters dell and its nice. Also dont have much time to screw with the pc’s as im getting my r/c planes ready for flying. Going tomaro for a practice flight with my yak 54.

DUDE!!! YOUR GETTIN A DELL!!!

this thread is full of failure

with a budget of $3,000 I think it will be hard to find an overpriced machine to fit his needs.

From the sounds of it, ANY decent computer should be fine. If they break so often, GET A BETTER WARRANTY!!!

:lol: If your budget is $3k just buy 6 $500 dollar laptops.

Seriously though, these days there’s no reason for a casual emailer/web surfer to spend much more than $500 dollars on a PC.

My opinion anyways.

Oh, and ShiftDead don’t worry we’re on the same anti-mac side. :highfive: Oh and if you happen to see Cuban browsing and can make note of what his latest SN is, free custom title for you or anyone you would like to bestow one on. :lol:

Yeah I’m lame. Sorry.

Give me $2999. I will personally deliver to your house both a desktop and a laptop, and maintain problems with both for 3 years.

Just buy a Dell. They have a pretty cool setup where the entire drive is mirrored on a separate partition on the drive from the factory. To get your entire operating system back to how it was new only takes a few keystrokes at startup. They have a very thorough support system and software that works.

HP support sucks dick fyi.

for your needs, why not go with an asus eeepc? You can’t beat the price.

like was mentioned earlier, any PC that’s going to cost you over 5-700 is totally overkill for what you’re looking to do with it. Also, if you have computer problems (not to insult you or anything like that, but it doesn’t sound like you’re much of a computer person) post it on here, there are tons of geeks that are willing to help if you need it.

I’ll do it for $2799 and just get him a good warranty on both systems :slight_smile:
So I don’t have to deal with it.

In your 30 hard drive experience, I’m glad to see that you have never experienced a failure.

As a kid going to college, I used to test hard drives and computer equipment 8 hours a day for over a year, I’m telling you that hard drives are a consumable item.

I’ve tested more hard drives than most of the population. I used to work for a place that sold store returns on ebay. I would get a six foot high pallet of mixed hard drives from best buy store returns, and would test them 8 hours a day. In that 8 hour shift, I would run a linux livecd to test the hard drive sectors. I would do this so much, that I would wear out connectors on the ide cables, and would break the ends off the molex power connectors. These were not old shit hard drives, they were recently bought store returns.

In addition to this, I would service PC’s. Not a business, just by word of mouth. To this day, I replace about 1 hard drive a month for customers, and a few powersupplies per year for customers.

what power supplies are u getting for these people if ur having to replace them so much?

sounds like cheap junk to me.

Im going on 6 years now with my thermaltake, not 1 issue.

The ones I replace are usually ones from homemade computers that the customer had their “buddy” build them a computer.

Usually those cheapass power supplies that come for free with the cheap ass case.

I usually replace them with antec, because they are the only ones I can get in town without having to order on the internet, and they are only about 29 bucks.

lol yeah ive seen the antec ones at CC, not too shabby.

Just because someone has a 3K budget doesn’t mean you have to spend it.

Spending 7-900 bucks on a dell with full warranty would be more than adequate for his needs.

Congrats on being in college and testing computer equipment, whats your sample of the equipment you tested. Oh you answered that already.

Store Returns. Store Returns. Store Returns. Why would someone return a Harddrive, because they don’t like it orrrr cause they don’t work/ in bad condition. Your sample of test Harddrives is flawed from the get go. Its a poor representation of all the Hard drives made.

I have done personal PC remediation too and again its a flawed patch. People come to you when they have a Problem.

Hard drives have warranties 5 years is a typical amount, if you are replacing harddrives you are pretty much scamming them unless you are following their warranties for them. Yes labor and a fee for follow the warranty isn’t a scam its a needed fee but purchasing new HD’s for already warrantied HD’s is stupid.

Sorry you just seem like you are a person that can follow instructions and replace simple parts and has never cared to know the WHY’s of failure.

I’m also Incharge of statistics where I work so I get a little nit picky about the sample size and proper representation of such

Way to many. This thread is full of stupid now.

ILCisDEAD has successfully occupied ever other post in this thread with ignorance. Nice job.

EDIT: ILCisDEAD’s last post was slightly better than the other ones, but your still trying to tell someone they are dumb. So you still fail.

:tup:

I haven’t seen you submit a suggestion based on any kind of logic or fact in here. Please tell me your thoughts on a computer that you feel mr nelstoy should have.

Then we’ll talk… Thanks…

I like to defend friends too in threads but I like to use reason and clearly define my thoughts.

If thats ignorance than maybe I should be brush up on my definitions

:picard: opinions are like assholes man, we all have them and they all stink. Most of the posts on this thread are peoples opinions, with little or no factual information to back them up. ILC is clearly biased but is making decent points none the less. Please go away if you have nothing better to do than bash people, because you are now the one failing.