Good sound, questions.

A huge amount of difference…

EPIC LAWLS!

I personally would do a deck first. HPF filters on mid to higer end decks are great. I have ran into issues with adding a amp to a factory deck. Even with a very nice converter, there was noise.

Can I ask what stereo shop your uncle owns??

NOPE, DOESN’T AFFECT A FUCKING THING.

anything bobbyG said… SRSLY?

ok sorry guys im not a stereo nerd, but i do my best.

first off. how does a head unit affect sound when im running my sound through rcas to my amp?

lols - seriously?

Signal to Noise Ratio

Total Harmonic Distortion

Two very important things

Amplifying a shitty signal wont make it any better no matter the quality of the amp.

sweet, dont know what either of those mean, but ok.

i use my ipod hooked up through my head unit which is then sent to the amp which then goes through crossovers to speaker/tweeter.

most of it was there when i bought the car, why is sony such a shitty head unit to use?

Thus another problem

Mp3’s are compressed music files which are being expanded by a shitty D/A converter and then being amplified by your deck and your amp.

I hope your crossovers are properly paired to the components

Sony has some of the worst sound quality out of headunits, no one who knows what they are doing recommends them and no self respecting shop sells their Shit.

yes they are properly paired, i had to hook one of them up when i got the car. previous owner only had one hooked up.

as for the cd player it was given to me by brother for christmas, really couldnt complain.

i also use sirius radio, which is hard wired through the aux port. im not too worried about sound quality, it sounds fine to me. i have very good hearing and i cant tell the difference on my ipod.

You very well may have good hearing, but that doesnt mean your ears are properly tuned to sound quality.

Most people cant tell the difference on an MP3 thats why they work.

There are a small percent of us that are audiophiles and can hear tiny differences in quality distortion and many other things.

The current sony line is garbage

Find some of the Mobile ES line and you’d be amazed how good sony sounded.

CDXC90 and XDP4000X FTW

I would recommend 6.5" Component speakers or 2 ways if they fit.

5.25s kind of suck in the bass department.

Your front door speakers are most important. The rears are more for background fill. You dot need to spend a lot to get good sound you will like.
Figure $150 - $250 for a pair.

Get the speakers installed and see how they sound with the factory setup. If you like it you can leave it. If not get a high power head unit. Its best to get a separate amp that will deliver 50-100 watts rms per speaker but you may be able to get away without it. Depends on your tastes.

Every car is different acoustics wise and each person has different tonal preferences. Just because somone said a certain speaker sounded good doesnt mean you will like it.

Infinity, JL Audio, Polk, Kenwood, Kicker, Pioneer are all decent.

Definitely get them installed.