Google killer?

http://powerset.com

Rumored to be the Google killer but I personally am not impressed. Tried to do a few simple searches of stuff I might typically look for in a day and did not turn up as relevant results that Google does.

So basically it’s a search engine. That doesn’t work as well as google, yet is supposed to kill it. How does that work?

meh, sucks compared to google so far. i’ve checked all my searches this morning on there now and didnt come up with any site i went to that helped

Anthrax?

well, google hasnt always been that great. But it does improve time and again…maybe thats what they expect of this site :gotme:

but so far, not impressed

does it have gmail?

584.92 -0.02 (-0.00%) May 13 10:22am ET

Yea, GOOG is teh sux0r.

OH NO THEY ARE DOOMEED!

fail… couldnt find anything under my name that google found in like 2 seconds

Umm… this thing searches Wikipedia entries.

:picard:

Powerset, long whispered as a possible challenger to Google (NSDQ: GOOG)'s search supremacy, on Monday launched a limited preview of its search technology.
Powerset isn’t yet gunning for Google however. It’s aiming only at this point to prove that its natural language-based search makes it easier to find things on Wikipedia and Freebase, an open community database. And even that ambition may be overreaching, given the uneven technical response of the site.

FAIL.

and, as far as searching by natural language based terminology… I got ZERO hits for “blumpkin yo”

"Discover Factz

For most people, places and things, Powerset shows a summary of Factz from across Wikipedia"

I refuse to use it after reading words spelled like that.

Just tried it. Will not try again…

no thx

Just bought by Microsoft

red ring of death?

How to make money 101:

-Overhype your product
-Get big company to buy it

this is the worst search engine i’ve ever used

I refuse to believe that wikipedia has zero his for the term “h8in”… but google miraculously comes up with 15,900…