got a paint question..need some info please

ive looked high and low and cant find copper paint that will form patina ( green oxi) on it.
just stright copper colored automotive paint.wich i dont want.
ive found brush on copper based paint for roofs and other home uses but i dont want to use it on a vehicle…i want it sprayed out of a gun.
anybody know of a sprayable copper that will patina by itself…

for ref.

:gotme:

nice info but i think the stuff from modern masters us brushed on for interior effects…i cant find a auto paint from them

so siq

can you just thin it so it will be sprayable?

you import guys do weird stuff to cars lol

gl in the search

some of shit on there says " can be brushed or sprayed on" but i wouldnt be surprised if they mean sprayed on with a wagner fence sprayer thing…wich isnt my first choice in auto paint application…

you may be able to thin it, but im no painter…choko? chime in
please

“Step 2: After the primer has fully cured, the surface is ready for a base coat of Modern
Masters Metal Effects™ Copper Metallic paint. Use a brush, roller, or an HVLP spray
gun
.”

awsome thank you…i just need to find the right shit now…modern makes tons of stuff

Just have the entire car electroplated

would that require stripping the whole car down to the frame and having it dipped?

I carry the modern masters copper stuff. If you spray it you have to remove the filters from the gun. 90% of the time when you spray it the metallic sheers and you get a brown paint. It will still patina but look gay. I’ll post prices in a few. How much do you need?

Edit: $27 per pint, which covers 85sq ft per coat rolled on, 1/2 that if sprayed. The product will patina naturally or you can buy the patina agent which is 20$ a pint, applied by sponge, brush or spray. PM me if interested.

he sells a gallon wich needs 20ounces of water per gallon for $102…not bad

i called and spoke to the owner of o-gee paint who sells alot of this shit and the guy said it will not patina without the solution…
once it is patina i can clear it…

in for peeing on the car jay :tup:

Huge X2 haha :slight_smile:

Modern masters will patina w/out patina solution, it’s real copper in the paint. If he is selling real modern masters thats a good price. I wouldnt sell that cheap.

http://www.o-geepaint.com/Faux/metals.shtml

seems legit so i think im gunna try a pint first and roll from there

you mean pee party lol

very willing to help with what ever you need to make this happen jay

Looks like it to me too… wish I didn’t have the overhead of 4 stores so I could sell that cheap haha. Good luck and shoot me any questions you may have if you can’t get ahold of the guys ur buying from, I know quite a bit about this crap.

awsome…thanks alot man