Got my SCCA Club Racing competition license this weekend...

So I’ve been running round the last few weeks updating the cage for 2007 rules in between (and sometimes during) classes. Thanks for Don letting me wake him up on Sundays to finish cutting and bending the tubes. Mad props to Matt @ Hybrid for the welding, and welding my gaps (some weren’t that bad). I’ll post pics of the cage once it gets a good coat of paint.

Normally the SCCA licensing schools are a weekend and count as one. Once in a blue moon they have a double school and are 3 days. I guess the trip officially started @ 3pm on Thursday as we did the last minute work on the car to hopefully get it past tech. Left Buffalo @ 6ish, got to the track @ 9:30 and dropped of the car. Got back to the track @ 7am, got the car’s annual tech by 8am, and everything went smoothly. Amazing weather all three days, minus a little sunburn. Everytime I have bben there it has either rained or snowed.

We went through about 30 gallons of gas so about 300+ miles of tracktime. Ate up quite a few old tires. Found out that the miss in the engine that I had last year was just a couple loose plug wires. And the only tool I had to touch all weekend was a lug wrench.

As for Mike, well, he raised the bar. Then again he did dial in the camber right for a change. I was able to sit back and think about how the tires should be set-up instead of running around, driving and everything else.

My best time there (in the cold, with a miss, excuses, excuses) … wait, ahahhahahahahahahahh after searching mylaps.com 1:22.339 you didn’t beat me after all :stuck_out_tongue:

Mike: 1:22.8xx

anyways pics:

in the pack:

f—ing miatas

big meat up front, no meat in the rear:

apparently miatas are a popular car…

for the humpers:

more REAL z cars:

and in 2 more laps:

camera right place, right time:

and my favorite pics of the weekend:

No story because I didn’t see or hear it first hand…