GOTO Racing "Accidentaly" Wins Buttonwillow Enduro...

http://www.gotoracing.com/index.html

Scotts Valley CA, 4/10/2006 - “Always be prepared” was the mantra that sent GOTO:Racing to NASA’s 3 Hour Endurance event at Buttonwillow Raceway Park this weekend. With the Grand-Am Debut looming just a month away, it was time for the dry run. The races of NASA’s WERC series are extremely similar in format and rules to a GAC race, making the the perfect place for a dress rehersal.

Fresh off it’s win at A1GP, the Legacy had spent the interim being returned to Grand-Am trim, which included a return to stock exhaust, stock bodywork, and a hefty weight increase, among other things. But with brothers Brian and Chris Lock behind the wheel, it was still fast enough to take 1st in the pretigious ES(Unlimited) class, even if that wasn’t the intention.

Consistent with a dry run, winning was not on the drivers minds. There were many unnessacary pit stops to make tweaks to the car, as well as drill the crew in tire changes and fueling. But when the car was on track, it just was running too good not to push it. “We made a spring change at the suggestion of DMS North America which ended up really improving the car”, said Brian after his opening stint. “The transition is great and the front really bites in.”

“I think we have really built something special in this Legacy,” said Chris after the checkered flag. “I always hoped we would hit a good setup right out of the box. I was afraid that taking off the USTCC aero would throw us off, but after those adjustments, I can tell the car is going to do great in Grand-Am.”

thats awsome… nothing like winning in a race you werent expecting to go that far in.

that’s the sign of a good car and team that they won on their shakedown run.