Groupon FUUUUUU

Groupon Valuation… Guess

E-commerce coupon site Groupon Inc is considering selling itself to Google Inc, according to media reports on Friday.

The two are in discussions about an acquisition for more than $3 billion, reported the technology blog AllThingsD, citing anonymous sources, on Friday.

$3Billion???

RUFUCKINGKIDDINGME?!?!?

2 year old company that does fuck all other than whoring our through google ads…

I guess this is how the telecoms feel about google though :slight_smile:

I just heard about this company recently. How in the fuck are they worth that much? I mean it’s a cool concept and seems to be working well, but holy fuck. Google must have some seriously awesome ideas for ways to improve on that business model.

50% of more of the information that Groupon has that is of value… Google already has…

Shit, Google could cut these guys out of their google ads and then run their own shit google-branded and be in the same place 2 years later or better.

This is one of those… jesus christ you can make money doing what? ideas…

now there are all these copy cats out there… wagjag et al

fasting growing e-stock since youtube i think i read the other day.

groupon is awesome, and there are tons of copy-cats out there.

Google wants to turn it into a location aware service…they should partner up rather than buy, though

The issue is with Google, they have so much capital that they need to do something with it that has some sort of return/depreciation. I guarantee it is more of a finance move for google than as a revenue generating item.

^ i agree