GSXR 1000 Engine and frame for sale

i am selling a 2001 gsxr 1000 engine. I bought it to turn my old bike into a sleeper. sold the old bike now im stuck with the engine. The guy i bought it from said that it has about 10K on it. My friend was able to get it started and running, but it didnt stay running too long without the fuel pump. Here are some pics

oh… im also selling theese

Try Parts Bin

How much for the bike motor?

i asked him last night he said 750$

$500

does the ECU, wireing, sensors, air box, crap like that come with the motor?

Man i gotta put some serious seat time in on solid works this winter to design the chassis to stuff this bad boy into!

SNOW-MO-RAIL should see snow 2012! watch out now!

Damnit. I would have put this on my 3 wheeler if I caught the deal in time :frowning:

thats ok ill charge admission to take a ride along in my rail next season.

Race my GSXR buggy once done :thumbup

I have been putting alot of thought in the direction for the project. I am really leaning towards a 2 seater Mini-rail with ATV tires. I will get more play time with it, than if I made it a sled design like i initially thought.

-local sand pits
-local MX track (hopefully on open practice days!)
-auto cross
-friends have private dirt flat tracks to run against mini-sprints and have fun
-LVD! I will def take up up there to make some passes
-rally events in VT, they race all kinds of stuff up groomer access trails on some ski mt’s.
-out on the ice in the winter at the lake.

I will spec out the parts this weekend and get on solid works for design. Once I build this one, and it takes off I might make a single seater that fits the CORR buggy clase and maybe enter some local races. I think they run at Unidila still.

Whats the target weight for your buggy?

10lbs :thumbup

I dont have a weight goal in mind. I’m just slapping the motor into it and making it all work together.

WORD!

I want to go hog wild on this thing. 1.5" .083 4130 for the lower frame rails and main hoop. then 1.5" .065 for the rest of the frame, and 1" .065 for all the triangulated structures. Going for LIGHT weight, and still jump a house.

many turnkey kits with all 1.5" .083 DOM weight in around 900lbs. If I can get it lower than that I will be happy.