GTI? GLS vs GLX?

i found a GTI the guy is pretty strict on KBB price, to the last dollar. if its the right trim package. its a 99 GTI vr6 on walden, im sure some of you have seen it. the store owner is the one selling the car. its clean has minor things wrong, but i KBB’ed it and the GLS is going for much less than the GLX but i have no idea what the differance is

the motor.

gl=ultra stripped

gls=base motor but nice(er) interior

glx=better motor and nice interior

GLX has the, wait for it, vr6 motor in it, instead of the (probably) 2.0 4-banger.

That, and other trim options, make the difference in price.

truth

gl = stripped down 2.0 8v

gls = 2.0 8v with more options int/ext

glx = oh snap! vrsex

[quote=“TgDn32,post:3,topic:30027"”]

GLX has the, wait for it, vr6 motor in it, instead of the (probably) 2.0 4-banger.

That, and other trim options, make the difference in price.

[/quote]

Generation makes a difference too… what yr?

the GLI is just a trim package for seats wheels and ground effects kit correct? i always see these around and assume they were aftermarket shit, but i saw some old lady driving one the other day

the gli (mkIV im assuming) is trim, headlights? seats, probably more im rusty on the newer dubs

[quote=“KuntryQuestTSi”"]

i found a GTI the guy is pretty strict on KBB price, to the last dollar

[/quote]

I would laugh in his face. MKIV’s tend to sell for less than KBB.

EDIT: Yup. I’ll sell you my Jetta for $7k flat if you want it. :tup:

[quote=“Shrives,post:7,topic:30027"”]

the gli (mkIV im assuming) is trim, headlights? seats, probably more im rusty on the newer dubs

[/quote]

MKIV GLI’s came with either the K03s 1.8T (180bhp) or the 24V VR6 and a 6 speed. But so did some non-GLI MKIV’s IIRC. Yeah, just a trim package, albeit a nice trim package. Wheels, ground effects, dash trim, recaro’s. The 2004.5 24V VR6 GLI is hands down my favorite FWD car.

Hard to find good pics of a stock one.

its a 1999 GTI VR6. he wont come down on price and knows nothing about the car, there is a dent in the rear 1/4, no radio, and missing hubcab

Why does a GTI VR6 have a hub cap? What’d he do with the alloy wheels it came from the factory with? Unless you’re just talking about a center cap…

So, missing something on the wheel, no radio, and a dent big enough to mention. If this thing’s got over 80k I probably wouldn’t pay more than $6k for it. Maybe not even that much.

Wow, either I’m way off on how much more a GTI’s worth than a Jetta, or Dorschel should be choked.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=216755154&dealer_id=948483&car_year=2002&model=GTI&num_records=25&make2=&start_year=1999&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=6+Cylinder&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=both&distance=100&make=VOLKS&color=&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=14150&advanced=y&end_year=2008&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=62

2002 GTI VR6, 48k, $16k??? Granted a 2002’s going to be a 24V with a 6 speed, but still. Seems about $4k or so too high.

Then again, even the 12V seem to fetch a pretty penny.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?num_records=25&search_type=both&distance=300&address=14150&style_flag=1&make=VOLKS&model=GTI&make2=&start_year=1999&end_year=2001&min_price=&max_price=&transmission=&engine=6+Cylinder&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&keywords_display=&sort_type=priceDESC&body_code=0&certified=&advanced=y&default_sort=priceDESC&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=
I guess I don’t know what I’m talking about. Now there’s a first! :lol:

i offered him 6k cash he made a iraquie joke and said 7 sorry center cap not hub cap

Then walk away and find another one…

Want my jetta?

1997 GLX VR6,Black on Black.Not modded.Fully loaded,leather,just recharged A/C.

I’d part with it for 4k.

[quote=“Haenszel,post:5,topic:30027"”]

Generation makes a difference too… what yr?

[/quote]

Yeah, I originally had something in there about 99 or 99.5 year car, but it didn’t make it into the final edit of the post apparently.

[quote=“Jon,post:16,topic:30027"”]

Want my jetta?

1997 GLX VR6,Black on Black.Not modded.Fully loaded,leather,just recharged A/C.

I’d part with it for 4k.

[/quote]

milage, options?
interested

[quote=“dubbin91,post:18,topic:30027"”]

milage, options?
interested

[/quote]

Uh he said it was a fully loaded glx, that means it has everything:ham:

[quote=“fiend540,post:19,topic:30027"”]

Uh he said it was a fully loaded glx, that means it has everything:ham:

[/quote]