question for any1 with knowledge of VWs (no VW hate PLEASE!!!)

JUST OUT OF PLAIN CURIOUSITY…what ios the difference between a VW Jetta Wolfsberg Eddition and a GLI :snky:?

what i know so far:
the GLI has a 6 speed, better seats and nicer rims and has a body kit.

so is the Wolfsberg Edditon basically just a regulat 1.8T with special wheels and an excuse to call it something special?

Get a used TDI out of state and call it a day. :wink:

Depends which year gli. Only the 2004 gli’s got the 6 speed and the nice seats

im talking newer 00-05 Jettas

Yes. And an ugly tan interior. Were they all black too? Black with tan should be abolished from this earth.

i have yet to see a black one. ive seen a red one, a white one and a bark blue one.

yes yes yes

what year are you talking about? some year gli’s had vr6s some had 1.8t’s.

the wolfberg edition had always been a sportier suspention, sportier seats, ect…

pm me. i could probably answer some questions for you. also check out www.vwvortex.com

PM sent

oooooh. did they all have ugly tan interiors? I really like the black interior :frowning:

no i’ve seen some on ebay with black interiors.

i think the blue or red with tan interior looks nice though.

and yeah. the 2001 wolfsberg which i’m assuming you’re looking at has the 1.8T engine, sport-tuned suspension and bbs wheels and other little things with the interior…

Mine has a black interior for the most part (gray headliner-I think all newer jettas are like this). You should get the new GLI instead.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/mjstk01/IMG_1463.jpg

2004.5 and up GLI came in 1.8T with the wheels and susp and the recaro seats. 2003-2004 GLI Came in VR6 24V and 2000-2002 GLI came with either the vr6 12v or 1.8T i think

yup. i have owned 7 vws now and one audi. I will not purchase another VAG product again unless it has a diesel engine. and once i can get japanese diesel car, game over VW.

the wolfsburg edition was available 2 different model years on the mark 4 platform. both had versions of VAGs 1.8t. the 01 had a 150hp version and the 03 had 180hp version. the main difference between the 2 engines was the 03 has a slightly upgraded version of the K03 turbo known as the K03S. I have recently heard rumors that the 01 wolfsburg editions, since they were a sportier model received the K03S, but had the software of the normal K03, therefore still producing 150hp.

now for a little history lesson.

when the decision was made to produce Dr. Ferdinand Porsche’s dream of a car that everyone could afford, the KDFwagen (better known as the type one, beetle, or bug) Hitler founded a new town to build the factory in. He called it Wolfsburg. the reason he called it Wolfsburg was due to the fact that one of his nicknames was Wolf. and burg, kind of means town. so the current wolfsburg edition jettas are really hitlertown editions.

in case you were wondering, not very many of the KDFwagens were actually made in that factory. basically, hitler knew germany was about to go to war, and used the $ people placed as down payments on their new cars and used the funds to use the factory as a place to make war machines. the big reason hitler wanted the engines to be aircooled was so there wouldn’t be a problem with liquid coolant freezing (think invasion of russia). people were suing VW for decades trying to recover their family’s down payments. it is interesting because after the war, the VW company had almost nothing to do with the original government run company. they just used the design.

there was no 12v GLI. they were either GLS with the VR6 option or GLX

whoa, kickass post double j :tup:

dudebro knows his shit… seriously. he shocks me with shit liek that on almost a daily basis. <3

'01 Wolfsburg - 1.8T 150HP 162Tq 5 Speed
'03 Wolfsburg - 1.8T 180HP 173Tq 5 Speed
'03 GLI - 24V VR6 200HP 195Tq 6 Speed
'04 GLI - 24V VR6 200HP 195Tq 6 Speed
'04 GLI 1.8T - 1.8T 180HP 173Tq 6 Speed

I believe the Wolfsburgs only had nice wheels and a Wolfsburg badge as far as the exterior goes, while the '04 GLI’s had a nice subtle body kit. I dunno about interior, although I’m sure you could get some if not all in black leather. :pimp:

If you have your choice go for an '04 because they’re soooo sharp looking. Get the VR6 if you want something quick out of the box with the ability to sound like pure sex with just intake and exhaust. Get the turbo 4 and chip it if you want cheap moddablility. Get the VR6 and boost it if you really want a fast VW.

The 04’s also had the recaros, 18" BBS RC wheels, black headliner, K03 sport turbo, bigger brakes off of the audi TT (think they were 12.1 fronts and about 11 rears). Lowered by 1" sport suspension, votex body kit, better guages, aluminum trim inside and pedals. Monsoon sound system. Best one IMHO, you get all the goodies from the factory you would later end up wanting.

Jeller